Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

summons are through in post today

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
a few weeks ao i posted on here to tell you all a story of what happened one night walkign home,basics are that we were making alittle noise,a guy got pissed off,ran out of his home,confronted us angrily,went to hit my friend,my friend blocked his attack and picked up a table leg and hit him across the head,when he was going down i threw a table leg at him when i was running away.we got sent our summons today,i got charged with...ABH,affray,and use of offensive weapon,the guy who hit him across the head got the same,what you think the courts will make of this?we are all pleading guilty to all charges,you think comm service or time?
thanks,tandish

Comments

• Options
    At a guess from the charges i'd say time mate unfortunately. I'm not that clued up on sentance lengths but im sure someone will be along soon who is
  • Options
    I think we already answered this for you, i still say the same thing, chances are you will get time.
  • Options
    Before you plead see the evidence. Your brief will assist, although he can't tell you what to do.

I don't know if you'll get time, it depends on the behaviour of the victim as much as anything. A defendant I dealt with got CS for hitting someone with a chair leg because the victim started it, and was an utter cunt.

Your brief will tell you what to expect, but I think that if you don't get time you'll be a very lucky boy.
  • Options
    even though its our first offence?i also thought that prisons are too full for people to go in for something small like this and for there first offence?my soliciter has told me comm service but if the judge is a cunt then,time may be poss!
  • Options
    we're not liekly to know better than your solicitor, I would take their advice.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Where did you get all these table legs from.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    tandish wrote: »
    even though its our first offence?i also thought that prisons are too full for people to go in for something small like this and for there first offence?my soliciter has told me comm service but if the judge is a cunt then,time may be poss!

The prisons are full of people serving time for theft e.t.c which are relatively small offences, not GBH which is quite a serious offence.
    The ones being released early are not the ones with convictions for violence.

Like I said before, first offence or not, you could quite easily have walked away from the bloke, instead you and your mates beat him up.
  • Options
    its not gbh we are looking at its abh,which i thought wasnt as bad?the attacked my friend,so it was self defence,fair enough we threw something at him when he was on the ground when running away,if you went to prison for throwing a plastic table leg at someone,that would be a bit silly wouldnt it?
  • Options
    Not really. Just to point out, ABh isn't as bad as GBH.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »

Like I said before, first offence or not, you could quite easily have walked away from the bloke, instead you and your mates beat him up.

Exactly, which means self defence doesn't even come into the equation. For ABH you can serve up to 5 years, however it will be very unlikely it will amount to that.
  • Options
    Good luck any way. Hopefully you'll just a get a few hours cs - which is pretty easy.

I quite enjoyed CS sometimes.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »

I quite enjoyed CS sometimes.

Why, is it therapeutic or something?
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Why, is it therapeutic or something?

Most of the times it was just a good laugh with some of the other lads. That was when we we going out in the mini bus painting, making foot paths etc etc It was quite relaxed with everybody cracking jokes, taking a bit of speed, stood around smoking.

I spent the last of my hours in Barnados which was shite though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    ive been told that CS,isnt the worst thing ever,and you get a sence of acheivment when you finish sumthing,im not fussed what happens,just as long as i dont go to prison,because then that would fuck up all my uni,which i have only got 2 years left of a 5 years course so it would of een a complete waste opf time if i get kicked out,i hope the court will see this,who knows,have to wait and find out on the day.
  • Options
    Ah personally i reckon they will take that into account, seeing that you have a future planned out and are at university i should say they'd give you a chance because jail won't benefit you. I may be wrong though.
  • Options
    nice and easy guys,managed to get away with 150 com service hours,quite a lucky boy,eazy
  • Options
    nice and easy guys,managed to get away with 150 com service hours,quite a lucky boy,eazy

:thumb:
    Do you know what you'll be doing for CS yet?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Very lucky, hopefully lesson will be learned. Next time something like that happens, walk away. You'll be the bigger man for it.
  • Options

Glad to hear it. You got a kind judge.

I expected 240 hours CS and a curfew, to be honest, so you have been a lucky boy.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Very lucky, hopefully lesson will be learned. Next time something like that happens, walk away. You'll be the bigger man for it.

No, next time just just go over the top and beat someone roudn the head with a table leg. I don't see a problem with somebody defending themselves.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    yeah i thought i would of been big time fucked,we ad good lawyer and lots of character references off teachers,doctors and other good members of community,im going to be doing my com service back down in liverpool,been told i will be doing likes of cleaning churches and helping schemes in community,we dont have to clean streets thankgod,i spoke to a lad the other day and said CS isnt all that bad,so its had a lucky ending,no more trouble for me.
    cheers guys
  • Options
    I enjoyed doign CS for the most part. Most of the time I was out with the other lads, paintng, pickign up rubbish in the forest and building fires, makign paths, bit of digging and shrub clearance. It was quite relaxed.

What you don't want to do is get caught helping old people round shopping, or workign in a charity shops. That's shit.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    No, next time just just go over the top and beat someone roudn the head with a table leg. I don't see a problem with somebody defending themselves.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Quit your eye rolling, It's meant to say 'don't' go over the top.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Having read the situation, I don't see how there was any 'defending' to do.
  • Options
    a few weeks ao i posted on here to tell you all a story of what happened one night walkign home,basics are that we were making alittle noise,a guy got pissed off,ran out of his home,confronted us angrily,went to hit my friend

In black and white.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    He didn't hit them though, did he?
  • Options

You dont have to wait for them to make contact before you're allowed to defend yourself.

But well done for getting away with 150 hours, just remember as someone has said - next time just walk away, it's not worth risking getting put away even if someone else does start it - whats to say they cant say it was you who attacked them unprovoked, and then it's just up to a jury to decide.
  • Options

because they intervened?

if someone was about to hit one of my mates id have a go, maybe not with a chair leg but then its easy to look back and say that .. it all happens pretty fast at the time ..

either way no real reason for you to be rolling your eyes like a smarmy cunt cuz tbh i don't think you know your arse from your elbow
  • Options
    Quit your eye rolling, It's meant to say 'don't' go over the top.

I'm glad you added that lol I was just going to add a pointed reply....well if I could have thought of something I would have done anyway :D