Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Spice Girls and girl power

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm actually pleased they have got back together :blush::)

I quite liked them..their music reminds me of being 14/15, good times.

Sporty looks fantastic now, but they are all so much skinnier now than back in the day.

At their news conference yesterday, some bitchy journalist said to them they weren't a good example of girl power because they had 6 kids between them and only one husband.

I was pleased Geri gave a good comeback. She is my favourite, ever since reading her first book I liked her.

I know I can't be the only person who actually quite likes the Spice Girls...they certainly beat lapdancers pussycat dolls, the compete opposite of girl power.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i love them

gutted they are only doin london though...bit of a treck :(
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I can't believe how much Mel C looks like *Snow White Queen*! (Has that been said before?)
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    **Helen** wrote: »
    I can't believe how much Mel C looks like *Snow White Queen*! (Has that been said before?)

oooh I think you have found her a new job...a lookie likie!

I love the Spice Girls, I can say that now without being embarrassed...it is retro!
    i think it'll be awesome! i wish they were doing a few more dates though.
    [/sound of cash register]
    So so so happy!
    I am still bitter about their concerts when I was a kid selling out within minutes meaning I never got a chance to see them. I always swore I'd do whatever I could to see them if they should ever reform.
    Now I am just really nervous about the prospect of not getting a ticket this time round either, but crossing fingers!
    I wish they were doing a Manchester tour date, but hey its a hard life looks like I will have to trek out to New York for a few days, do some shopping, see some shows and go to watch them in concert. Never mind!
    [/sound of cash register]

i'm hearing that too.

actually, i'm hearing the sound of 5 brilliant and talented musicians who can't wait to start performing for the love of thier art .
    hazell wrote: »
    actually, i'm hearing the sound of 5 brilliant and talented musicians who can't wait to start performing for the love of thier art .

:lol:

OMG I just realised, you might be serious. You aren't, are you?
    The blonde has really scary tits. They looked like rocks that wouldn't even budge with a slow motion run.

Now when is Nsync getting back together :hyper:

OMG I just realised, you might be serious. You aren't, are you?

nope. i guess sarcasm doesnt come across well in print
    my_name wrote: »
    The blonde has really scary tits. They looked like rocks that wouldn't even budge with a slow motion run.
    Probably because she's preggers :p

I can't wait! :hyper:
    Well I hope I can have that body when I'm pregnant, where is the baby? :p
    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/en/062207spicegirls/im:/070628/photos_en/2007_06_28t081702_450x362_us_britain_spicegirls;_ylt=Am1G9AfYg.3pViwhipU.PRcXO7gF

ETA: my bad, I ment the other blonde, I can see the pregnantness of the one you're talking of :o

The pregnant one looks like Bunnie And her name too :chin:

Everybody keeps saying that!
    my_name wrote: »
    Well I hope I can have that body when I'm pregnant, where is the baby? :p
    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/en/062207spicegirls/im:/070628/photos_en/2007_06_28t081702_450x362_us_britain_spicegirls;_ylt=Am1G9AfYg.3pViwhipU.PRcXO7gF

ETA: my bad, I ment the other blonde, I can see the pregnantness of the one you're talking of :o

Haha, oh I see! I keep forgetting Posh is blonde :shocking:
    I like the dress on the pregnant one. Didn't another one just have a baby from a comedian or something? They picked quite a time :p

I've got nothing better to do so I was looking around and there was http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/en/062207spicegirls/im:/070628/482/1618b2eb5533495aaf3b7e164a1e1b4e;_ylt=AtG1IK7KIo400ZX03zIGUlh.KcMA and they all look quite different... in a better way, definatly better. I really like the red head, I want her hair.
    I think Sporty and Scary spice have changed the most when ya look at that piccy
    Yeh Mel B just had Eddie Murphy's babeh, although he denied it was his, but then it turned out it was, so he looked like a knob and she's gonna make millions from him. Unlucky kentuckyyy.
    I loooove them. ;D
    So glad they're back.
    katchika wrote: »
    At their news conference yesterday, some bitchy journalist said to them they weren't a good example of girl power because they had 6 kids between them and only one husband.

Surely that was the point of "girl power"? They could be free to do who/what they wanted and not care. The consequence is they're trampy, talentless, vacant single mothers who helped destroy a generation of kids.

Is there even a call for them to get back together? Reformed acts like Cream, Pink Floyd etc. earned their crust through hard work and talent and have a fanbase wanting them to make a comeback. The Spice Girls are still fresh in the memory and we still remember them being overwhelmingly pish. The press conference was like some kind of freak show.

Noooooo! :eek: Going by that picture thread thing in the other forum, one is really good looking, the other is a shemale chav that used to be in a crap pop group. :banghead:
    Noooooo! :eek: Going by that picture thread thing in the other forum, one is really good looking, the other is a shemale chav that used to be in a crap pop group. :banghead:

I'm not a chav :no:
    Surely that was the point of "girl power"? They could be free to do who/what they wanted and not care. The consequence is they're trampy, talentless, vacant single mothers who helped destroy a generation of kids.

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I'm not a chav :no:

Unless you have been in a crap pop group, I reckon you were the really good looking one :p
    Unless you have been in a crap pop group, I reckon you were the really good looking one :p

Well yes, that was my first thought. :)
    But no comment on the shemale accusation :chin:
    But no comment on the shemale accusation :chin:

Spice Girls actually had a few good songs. Viva Forever being one.
    I really really wanna see them :yes:
    katchika wrote: »

I was pleased Geri gave a good comeback. She is my favourite, ever since reading her first book I liked her.

What did she say?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Viva Forever being one.

:yes:
    Weekender Offender 
    I have no shame in admitting that i :heart: the Spice Girls.