Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

DnB Virgin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I recently seen Andy C in liverpool and despite not really being a dnb fan before hand (was a mates 21st) i really enjoyed it.

I've been looking to get hold of some cds etc. But dont really know where to start as ive been heavy into buying/mixing house for about 5 years.

Just looking for suggestions really of what to get hold of and where from. Im raiding my mates collection tomorow but i know most of his are live tapes, and really i want em on CD, because i do a lot of driving for work.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't bother wasting your money on commercial shit and get on over to www.dogsonacid.com/mixes/ and download the mixes from there or www.dnb-sets.de or www.breaksblog.biz or www.dnbshare.com or www.breakbeat.co.uk/Listen/StudioMixes.aspx

Checkout the forums on Dogs On Acid and BreakBeat.co.uk coz there will be more sets on there.
    Yeah, its pretty easy to pick up mixes from all over the place.

What sort of stuff are you after? Live sets, or CD mixes? With or without MC's?
    Makoto wrote: »
    BreakBeat.co.uk coz there will be more sets on there.

That's a good site. I get alot of my hardcore and d'n'b sets from catapult.co.uk aswell. They do vinyls aswell.

Live sets are definately better than studio recorded cd's, and they're even better with an MC. I reccomend buying any sets with MC Shabba D on it. :thumb:

You could always rip the tapes onto your computer?