Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Foot soaks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know of any good foot soaks or anything for sore/achy feet? My feet have been taking a battering since I got some new pointe shoes that need working in and they're constantly aching.

Comments

• Options
    do you have bath and body works store there? They've got a few products I can reccomend. They've got some stuff called True Blue Spa. A whole line of it. I love it.

If not, nevermind and ignore me.

A nice hot foot bath with bubbles (hell, a pan or big enough bowl is just fine), followed by some exfoliating and a shea butter massage. :yum: I like to put it hot to where you can barely stand it and your feet turn bright red.

Aslo, if you'd be interested in buying a foot soak type thing, I'm sure you can get some nice ones very cheaply, with massagers and everything. I've found a nice one for what would be 10 pounds I think, alot cost a bit more than twice as much, but good cheap ones exist :thumb:
  • Options
    Do we have a body works place here? I'm sure i've seen it before...
  • Options
    Dont think there's one in Notts.
  • Options
    When I did pointe ballet I used to use normal salt in warm water for foot soaks.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    When I did pointe ballet I used to use normal salt in warm water for foot soaks.

Not good when you have open blisters. Mine always burst before I've finished dancing. :impissed:
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Not good when you have open blisters. Mine always burst before I've finished dancing. :impissed:

:yes: It is good for open blisters, it stops them getting infected. That's exactly what I was using it for :)
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    :yes: It is good for open blisters, it stops them getting infected. That's exactly what I was using it for :)

ooow, it makes me want to cry just thinking about it!
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    ooow, it makes me want to cry just thinking about it!

Don't put loads in, and it won't sting. Salty water is really good for open wounds. I was told to rinse my mouth out with it when I had my teeth out - one gaping hole and one 3" stitched incision, and it didn't sting at all.
  • Options
    Buy one of those foot massager things, just get a cheap one or something it'll still do the trick - those are amaze!