Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

more hair advice needed...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i like to do radical things to my hair, currently it's long red and wavy-permed because i have poker straight hair. I'm not sure whether to have it permed again, or to cut it short, and bleach it had put very bright colours in, or cut it to shoulder length and dye it nearly black and bleach the tips, and then colour them with something bright...

i'm a little conserned with completly recking my hair with all the colouring and treatments, but i don't straighten my hair and i don't blow dry my hair more than once a month...plus i only wash my hair 3 times a week, and condition every time and use a treatment once or twice a week...

if you want to have a look at a pic to see what might suit me my myspace is in my sig....

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I would keep it red, seems to fit you very well.. :)
  • Options
    It looks nice long - I think you should keep it like that! If you want a change how about dying it a darker colour and having some flashes of colour put in? I think that looks great, its what I['m planning for my hair if it would hurry up and grow :grump:
  • Options
    dying it darker means i look even more pale...

i might have highlights, or low lights...but i'll go back to have it permed again before i got back to college...
  • Options
    dying it darker means i look even more pale...

oh right, i just said that cos you suggested dying it nearly black in your post. lowlights would be nice tho
  • Options
    yeah i wanted to be realistically its not a good idea...

maybe this should be a different thread, but i need advice on how to keep my hair in better condition cos it seems to be falling out, and it's really difficult to do much to my hair without it being really dry and hay like...

help!
  • Options
    Paper white and fally-outy straw hair? I think we're sisters :heart:

I agree with the others that I think it looks cute how it is. For conditioner, I like http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails_206.asp?lProductLineID=14 its cheap and it feels so nice right after. (and smells nice too) looking on the site they have other tripple moisturizer stuff just daily conditioner and shampoo... that sounds good at least.
  • Options
    I would keep it red, seems to fit you very well.. :)

i agree, the red is so much nicer than black.

black does make you look REALLY pale, but red suits your skin tone.
  • Options
    Red hair suits you, the current colour really suits you. As for looking after it, lots of conditnor.
  • Options
    what do people think of the aussie range? it seems very good...
  • Options
    The Aussie 3 Minute Miracle is really good, but I wouldn't use it all the time - I've found it works best used now and again as a deep-conditioning treat. Aussie Mega Shampoo is my favourite shampoo ever. Smells lush and leaves my hair feeling and looking lovely. I'd recommend Herbal Essences Blackcurrant, Avocado and Mango Conditioner for dry hair as well. It's uber-cheap, smells amazing and is the best I've found for dry ends.

PS I have longish hair that I straighten regularly, is dyed black with dyed bright red panels...so it's been through quite a bit!
  • Options
    According to a recent study, a lot of scalp conditions are being caused by the strong smelling perfumes and fruits used in many of the shampoos and conditioners around.

I bought Aussie color mate shampoo and 3 minute miracle the other day and tbh I'm not impressed the 3mm is so heavy on my fine hair.
    I can't stand sweet sickly smelling fruit shampoos so I won't recommend Aussie.

Bring back the floral scents, I say!
  • Options
    Oh that herbal essence one sounds good enough to eat!
  • Options
    i love the rose herbal essences one but i i don't like the fact that they test on animals...
  • Options
    :( Do they?? I didn't know that. That sucks.
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    :( Do they??

:yes:

And it does suck, because that stuff does wonders for my hair. So does Pantene, but they test that on animals too :grump:.
  • Options
    Oh, horrible! I didn't know either. I noticed on a bottle of body wash the other day it says "doesn't test finished product on animals" the fact that they had to be so specific in it worried me [/random]
  • Options
    what do people think of the aussie range? it seems very good...

Aussie is AMAZING, the 3minute miracle especially is really good- but like someone else said, its not great for daily use. I don't know if you can get hold of it at all but Graham Webb's shampoo is really good and not too expensive as it lasts ages. Alterna is good too, especially the hemp collection.
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    Oh, horrible! I didn't know either. I noticed on a bottle of body wash the other day it says "doesn't test finished product on animals" the fact that they had to be so specific in it worried me [/random]
    There's a company which makes a lot of the good ones: Pantene, Herbal Essences, etc. They're known for testing on animals. I don't know about any others but I always check the backs of shampoo to see if it has "Procter & Gamble" written on it. Except when I bought my Wash & Go because I was in a hurry and I only found out later :(.
  • Options
    p&g do animal testing, or they don't? I know alot of my stuff is bought by one company or another of theirs :\
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    p&g do animal testing, or they don't? I know alot of my stuff is bought by one company or another of theirs :\
    P&G do. Unfortunately.

The only thing I will knowingly buy of theirs is Tampax, and that's because they're the only brand of tampons that doesn't leak within half an hour.
  • Options
    Oh thanks for that. I shall keep a watch out!
  • Options
    thus why i end up going back to lush all the time...

they have a new styling product range! one called goth juice...i might just buy it for the name and the fact that it's purple...