Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ever look back at your old posts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
and think 'i was a complete muppet back then!'?
(and before anyone says 'yes i look back and think icey was a muppet'..har di har. :lol:)

Just had a read through some of the posts i made like 2 years ago and it just makes me realise how much ive grown up and how much ive changed over that time...wow.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes they are hideous and I get so embarrassed! I had to edit a load of them and it just made me cringe :o
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Yes they are hideous and I get so embarrassed! I had to edit a load of them and it just made me cringe :o
    If I was you, I'd be cringing more about the fact that I edited them than the posts themselves. :p

My answer is the same as last time: Not really! I've not actually gone to read many of my old posts, but the ones I have don't seem very different than how I'd write them now. Although I know I have changed.
    This worries me a bit. :p
    I edited them because a while ago someone was playing silly buggers and linking my old posts to me in PMs and on MSN.

Only the ones from when I was 15/16/17/18.
    Aye, funny as fuck like.

Was looking back there not too long ago and seen a thread I made that went something along the lines of "Is there a legal age of masturbation?" Haha wtf like! :crazyeyes
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Aye, funny as fuck like.

Was looking back there not too long ago and seen a thread I made that went something along the lines of "Is there a legal age of masturbation?" Haha wtf like! :crazyeyes

Aww, did you think you was going to get locked up if you were caught under age?
    I think it's quite funny to look back at my old posts with me and Char bitching about people/at each other, and 4-5 years on we still do exactly the same thing! Wish she'd come and post on here again though, love that girl to bits :grump:

I think mid-2004 was my turning point when I grew up and thought about what I was posting instead of the first shite that came into my head.
    In my old threads back in 2004, I readily admit that I looked a prat in them. I suspect that, if I look back at my current posts in about 2010, I'll think the same thing about what is being written now too.
    I was a bit more doolally back then. Yes, more doolally. Ha. Plus I had better come backs. I also liked to talk about when, where and how I was getting shagged lots. I'd like to think I've curbbed my shame a wee bit since then.
    1983 wrote: »
    I was a bit more doolally back then. Yes, more doolally. Ha. Plus I had better come backs. I also liked to talk about when, where and how I was getting shagged lots. I'd like to think I've curbbed my shame a wee bit since then.
    Erm... nah. :p
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Erm... nah. :p

I did say a wee bit. :angel:
    i'm one of those people who sometimes feel like stuff in the past should be totally erased from peoples memories...but my posts unfortunately are there for all to see. We need a cringe smiley!
    I try not to look at them. I was young and stupid.

*shudder*
    yes. :o

mind you, I never read my old posts
    I started posting here when I was 16, I'm now 21. I look back at stuff I did when I was 16 and get cringy, I look back at my posts in the same way.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Yeah I looked back the other day. Although they are a tad cringeworthy, I wouldnt change them :D
    I don't really care about my old posts.

As a teenager you grow up, make mistakes, do stupid things, drink till you're sick, sleep with the wrong people, experiment with pushing the limits, fall in love, get your heart broken, think your life is over and then meet someone new and feel better.

No, I don't regret things. What's the point?
    I dont read them very often. Some of them are a bit embarrasing.
    This is why we need the "Delete Posts" faciilty back. Come on Jim, you stopped us from using it years ago. Time to look again at the situation? We know you read this stuff...
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    All my old posts are superbly amazing.
    JsT wrote: »
    All my old posts are superbly amazing.
    all 14,374 of them? ....thats bullshit! :p
    Yea.

With some of them you think "wtf was i on about"
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Amira wrote: »
    all 14,374 of them? ....thats bullshit! :p
    Shut it you :p
    This is why we need the "Delete Posts" faciilty back. Come on Jim, you stopped us from using it years ago. Time to look again at the situation? We know you read this stuff...
    I forgot about that! Probably not the best idea though, you remember why it was taken away last time...
    icey wrote: »
    I forgot about that! Probably not the best idea though, you remember why it was taken away last time...
    No, but I'm sure some git out there will endeavour to remind us... :p
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    No, but I'm sure some git out there will endeavour to remind us... :p
    Someone was making threads and deleted them, then pretended he never made them.
    Thanks for the compliment :p
    icey wrote: »
    and think 'i was a complete muppet back then!'?

You still are :(

:lol:
    Someone was making threads and deleted them, then pretended he never made them.
    Thanks for the compliment :p

I was gonna say, and i wonder why that function got took away stargalaxy!
    No, people writebased on their experiences, everyone has their own experiences and as they get older what they write about tends to change.
    Thankfully mine have all been deleted.

I came across as an attention seeking whiney bitch. All I did was post all my problems on here and ask for advice :yeees: Oh, and me and my ex used to argue openly on here too. THE SHAME.

I now just whinge in my LJ :D