Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wet car

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a great knack for leaving my windows all the way down when it rains. Very often my car just gets drenched. To the point you have to change you prants when you get home kinda drenched. And I never thought of this before, but my seats are cloth, and couldn't all this wetness deep inside cause mildew or some other sort of funkyness? How should I go about combating this? Is a towel sufficient? Will letting it air dry with the flowing breeze from the open windows when its not raining work well enough? Or do I go all out with carpet cleaner and a hair dryer.

Comments

• Options
    leave the heating on inside the car for a bit?
  • Options
    if you leave your damp seats for a month or so without using the car you'll most likely get a huge build up of fungus, it's the perfect breeding ground.

Just stop leaving your windows open! :P
  • Options
    Wait for a sunny day, park your car somewhere safe and open all the doors and leave it. Preferably do this on your driveway where you can keep an eye on it.
    It might also be a good idea getting a bottle of foam upholstery cleaner and soaking your seats in it, orangey freshness :)
  • Options
    If they seem clean then I'd just stick withe giving it a good airing on a breezy dry day, rather than getting it all soggy again.