Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Singing Teacher

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to be a singing teacher, but i dont really know where to start.

I have searched online and it takes me to places that really arent that helpful.. bit annoying really.

I assume like most instruments, to get to teaching level you need to do exams to get to that level, but i dont really know where to start!

Any one any ideas?

Comments

• BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    to take the exams I think you need to have a singing teacher, (but not 100% positive) so it might be an idea for you to contact a singing teacher (through the yellow pages) and see what they say.

If you mean some sort of teaching exams however, I wouldnt have a clue, but perhaps picking the brain of a current singing teacher.

Are you still at school? I had singing lessons whilst at school, so your school could, either for lessons or info.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think you actually need to have any qualifications to call yourself a singing teacher.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    grade 8 or equivilant in your chosen instrument and at least grade 5 music theory. and a CRB check is often required. you don't need a teaching qualification as far as i'm aware. none of my teachers have done previously