Home Travel & Free Time
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Passport validity

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so im planning on going to Cyprus for a week with the lads. And my travel agent said that our passports had to be valid for 6 months after my return date.

I went home i noticed mine wouls be 6 days out, anyway i looked on the passport site and rang them up and they said that i should contact the Cyprus embassy as each country has there own laws on it.

I found information on holiday sites saying all i needed was a passport with 3 months valid after the return date which would be fine. I tried ringing the actual consulate place but got no answer.

So basically just a general question, if anyone knows about this kind of thing or has been to Cyprus of late?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GoodFella wrote: »

I found information on holiday sites saying all i needed was a passport with 3 months valid after the return date which would be fine. ?

My cousin got told that it was 3 months too
    Ahh wicked, did her holiday go ok?
    Well actually, looking through loads of holiday sites and travel sites it does seem that 3 months is all i need. But i think as long as your going to another EU country all you need is a passport valid for your stay.
    rachie004 wrote: »
    because really what would I know?

How to keep a clean cock pit ? :D
    In my experience, you only need 6 months+ on the end of your passport if you're applying for a visa for, say, Russia, China etc.

If you're going to an EU country or a country where you simply show your passport at immigration, you should be fine with 3. I think it's basically to allow for any complications that may arise during your stay.
    Well i emailed the British High Commission and they emailed back saying all i needed was a valid passport for my trip. So all sorted :D

Cheers me dears.
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Ahh wicked, did her holiday go ok?

She flew yesterday morning so yeah :lol:
    But she was ridiculously fit so i'll let her off.