Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tom Cruise Banned!!!

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6240312.stm
Germany has banned the makers of Tom Cruise's new movie from filming at military sites in the country because the actor is a Scientologist.

Scientology has been monitored in Germany in the belief that its activities are "directed against the free democratic order" in the country.

Its status there as a commercial enterprise has prompted repeated protests from the organisation.

Thoughts, anyone? :D This makes me happy. Ever so happy. Take that, Scientology!!!

And Cruise is a massive cock anyway.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Seems a bit stupid to ban a film (I assume at military sites means that their armed forces won't be able to watch it at their cinemas rather than an actual ban?) because an actor is a scientologist. Though I absolutely agree with them that scientology is as much a commercial enterprise as Tesco.

But you know how in principle you can disagree with something, but actually not give a shit because the people it effects are cocks? Well this is how I feel here.

I don't like the title of the thread either. You had my hopes up that the next line was gonna be "...from making films."
  • Options
    It's being banned from filming at German military sites, not even banned from filming in Germany.

I'd assume that German soldiers will be allowed to watch it, it'd be an administrative nightmare to ban all Cruise's DVDs.

I can't say I really care to be honest. They can film elsewhere...
  • Options
    No, it said FILMING at Military sites - not showing it there.

TBH, I don't care either - this just brightened up my day.

And if only they banned him making films forever...
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    No, it said FILMING at Military sites - not showing it there.

Ah, that makes more sense. Boo hoo. How do they know that it's because he's a scientologist though?
  • Options
    Ah, that makes more sense. Boo hoo. How do they know that it's because he's a scientologist though?

I quoted it - Germany considers Scientology a threat:
    Scientology has been monitored in Germany in the belief that its activities are "directed against the free democratic order" in the country.
  • Options
    I'm With Stupid - Come on mate, wake up :D lol
  • Options
    Good on you Germany. Tom Cruise is a prick!

He uses his celebrity to promote Scientology, yet nobody is allowed to question him. I wish the UK would follow suit.

:thumb:
  • Options
    the german 'Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution' are quite straightforward on their website, these are the guys who catch nazi war criminals etc

http://www.verfassungsschutz.de/en/index_en.html
  • Options
    these are the guys who catch nazi war criminals etc

http://www.verfassungsschutz.de/en/index_en.html

Or don't catch Nazi War Criminals would be more accurate....