Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Raped 10-year-old "responsible because she looked older"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sod castration for paedophiles, I say we start with the judges...

They need to start recruiting judges/magistrates from humanity, preferably one's who've had, or know someone who has had something bad happen to them. That way, when they're in their ivory tower they'll know some of what being a regular citizen is like and act accordingly. Either that or chop their balls off :thumb:
  • Options
    Most of them are "normal" people who "understand humanity", though, and there was a study done a few years ago that showed that, if "normal" peopel sentenced, the sentences would be lower. "Normal" people get taken in more by the impassioned pleas about the bad childhood and the hooker mother, etc.

And judges, on the whole, tend to be better about rape than the common masses, who seem to think that if a girl was wearing a short dress she got what was coming to her. Fuck, there are enough people on here who think its acceptable to grope women in clubs.

That's what makes this story so different.
  • Options
    I like to think of myself as having some sense of right and wrong, and enough sense to know that if I was deciding the fate of a bloke who'd just raped a 10 year old, looks regardless, he'd get a damn longer sentence than the one he got. Maybe I wouldn't make the most balanced of judges, but i'd like believe i'd do a better job than that bloke, as i'm sure anybody here would.

But then, i've heard all the pleas about bad childhoods e.t.c. before, although i get the feeling i'd probably be a bit too harsh sometimes lol. never mind.