Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Burger help...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok i have a burger recipe, the ingredients are

mince
onion
garlic
worcestershire sauce
egg
salt and pepper

now will this give me a nice tasty burger, because last time when i used mince, salt & pepper and onions they were a bit bland.

Also how is the best way to cook them so that they don't fall apart?

Comments

• Options
    It should, though the mince is the most important bit, if you can get it venison makes kick ass burgers.
  • Options
    when I make burgers, I just use fresh beef mince, squeeze it into burger shapes and fry it. Delicious. If its good quality mince i dont find it bland. In fact I hate all those extra seasonings in most burgers. So unnecessary
    Home made thick burger like that in a baguette with salad and mayonnaise. :yum:
  • Options
    garlic and onions always make a nice burger. yum!
  • Options
    I put a little bit of lemongrass and a bit of fresh chilli into them, just to give the burgers a lift.

:yum:
  • Options
    well i made them, the recipe was good...just needed a bit more salt and pepper and the onions to be a little bigger. The hubby's cousin bought me a George Foreman so thankfully none fell apart. Let me know if any of you want the recipe.
  • Options
    yeah, post the recipe!!
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I put a little bit of lemongrass and a bit of fresh chilli into them, just to give the burgers a lift.

:yum:

what the fuck. really. :eek2: You're like some amazing chef. Everytime I read your posts in here you've got some tasty little recipe up your sleeve.

Are you fit aswell? :razz:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    what the fuck. really. :eek2: You're like some amazing chef. Everytime I read your posts in here you've got some tasty little recipe up your sleeve.

Are you fit aswell? :razz:

:lol:

Ronald McDonald taught me everything :D

I just like experimenting in the kitchen ;)
  • Options
    I bet you've got a ravioli wheel aint ya ? :)
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I just like experimenting in the kitchen ;)

OH REALLY NOW?

I agree with budda btw, venison makes a mighty burger.
  • Options
    Flour will help bind it so it doesn't fall apart.

When I make chickpea burgers, I like to use pepper and marjoram... But it really depends on waht taste you'd like.
  • Options
    it might just be cause I love spice but stick a bit of peri peri sauce and a little bit of jerk seasoning in your burgers and they will be heavenly

I often keep the uncooked burgers in the fridge for a while before cooking and they tend not to fall apart so much but if they're crumbling chuck another egg in there :)

hmm I'm in the mood for a BBQ now - all I need is a garden... and a BBQ..
  • Options
    eeek sorry i've been so busy, SCC here is the recipe i used and it made 4 nicely sized burgers.

1/2 onion chopped
    2 cloves of garlic, minced
    2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
    1/2 egg beaten
    1 tablespoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    500g lean minced beef
    4 slices of mild cheedar (i like the ford farm one)
    4 rolls

mix onions, garlic, worcestershire sauce, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add beef and mix with your hands until evenly combined and then stick it on a hot George Foreman for about 5mins.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Best way to make homemade burgers is either thinly slice chop steaks, or use put left over raost meat into a mincer with a few bread crusts.

Add an egg, finely chopped onion, chopped fresh coriander chopper, chopped chili's and chopped garlic. Slat and plenty of pepper.

Mix up in a bowl and make form into burgers.

Another way is to just make steak tartare, mix in the egg and make burgers from it.
    Weekender Offender