Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Orange are being wankers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ages ago I got a contract mobile phone on a stupid cocaine fuelled mission...don't ask.
Anyway, I cancelled it after a few days because I couldn't afford it, but I'd used 15 pounds worth of call time. I assumed that Orange would just take it out of my bank but apparantly not...so a few weeks later I get a letter saying that I owe them money. I stupidly forgot about it, and they sent me another letter. This time I rung them up and paid it.

Anyway, that was a few weeks ago but today I got a letter saying that they have now got in contact with a Debt collection firm and that they may have to take legal action, costing me extra.
What the fuck? I paid the wankers already!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Ages ago I got a contract mobile phone on a stupid cocaine fuelled mission...don't ask.
    Anyway, I cancelled it after a few days because I couldn't afford it, but I'd used 15 pounds worth of call time. I assumed that Orange would just take it out of my bank but apparantly not...so a few weeks later I get a letter saying that I owe them money. I stupidly forgot about it, and they sent me another letter. This time I rung them up and paid it.

Anyway, that was a few weeks ago but today I got a letter saying that they have now got in contact with a Debt collection firm and that they may have to take legal action, costing me extra.
    What the fuck? I paid the wankers already!

It might be that they forwarded your details to the debt collection agency before you paid them and never removed your details. Just call them up (Orange) and ask them to check your details as there are no outstanding fees with you or Orange.

Have you got proof on paper you had cleared the payment?
    Yeah, it'll just be because it's technically two different companies then they'll have different systems and they haven't been updated yet.

Did you use the 15 quid worth of calls after you'd used up all your voice minutes? Cause even though you cancelled within your 14 days then I don't think they should have charged you for the calls you made if they were within your allowance :confused:
    Our house kind of had a similar problem with British Gas, who called in the debt collectors. Make sure you have no contact with the debt collectors, dont accept calls, ring them or respond to their mail.

Speak with Orange asap, and explain the situation. If you have already paid make it clear they inform the debt collectors, or threaten to sue them for harrasment.

We checked out our debt collectors on google, they had a right bad reputation.

Put the pressure on Orange, and let them sort things. If you have paid what you owe then dont back down.

Orange are cunts, I had my first phone with them about 10 years ago, and will never go back to them.

Come join Virgin Mobile mate ;)
    Calvin wrote: »
    Come join Virgin Mobile mate ;)

I'm with Virgin and emailed them a question about not getting my printed bill in the post - the next thing I know the next day I get and email that looks bog standard, a PDF copy of my Bill (even though I said I need the original for expenses claim) and a note to say we've added a £1.50p charge for sending me the Bill even though they didn't actually post it to me.

Was a bit shocked they'd charge me and not even check with me first. Although a call to their customer services Dept sorted it out, although the girl had to put me on hold 3 times - but got the money refunded within 5 minutes as I could see the money taken off on their website.