Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What Magazines Do You Buy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you usually buy?

I USED to buy computer magazines long before I had the internet to find out prices for computer stuff and to get the free cover CD with the software on it - but that was like 6 years ago before broadband came along - now I hardly ever buy any kind of magazine... just tend to read articles on the net if I need information.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I used to be well into zoo and nuts but stopped collecting when my drawer collapsed.

The only mag I buy now is bizarre.
    I used to buy Kerrang for years. I now think its a big pile of wank.
    Plan B and Wire.
    psychologies,
    new scientist,
    bizarre
    None really, I'm not really into laddish crap like Nuts, Zoo or FHM.

The ex used to buy all this Take A Break stuff, used to be quite a read while she was getting ready.

I'll only ever usually buy magazines on a long journey, and then it's usually Heat - but it's got waaaay too much Big Brother and fashion stuff now, whereas six or seven years ago it was better.
    Innuendo Today
    Buggery Monthly
    What Dildo
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Innuendo Today
    Buggery Monthly
    What Dildo

:lol: That would explain alot then...:p

I don't buy magazines anymore; the only magazine I've ever really bought was a crime one which I can't remember the name of.
    Sofie wrote: »
    the only magazine I've ever really bought was a crime one which I can't remember the name of.

Crime Magazine ? :D
    Crime Magazine ? :D

:p
    i occasionally buy fhm, but it's not that often.
    Bizarre Magazine for it's sheer stupidness
    Front is a bit silly too and i like alex sim wise who does a article in it every month if you can call it that :D

and i read a lot of newspapers, like at least 2/3 a day including times, guardian and independent dependign on mood, and the freeshits
    New Woman and Cosmo mostly. Then all the trashy ones like Heat, New, Womans Own, OK etc, good bath time reading.
    None. The only time I buy a magazine is if I'm going on a long journey.
    Glittery wrote: »
    New Woman and Cosmo mostly. Then all the trashy ones like Heat, New, Womans Own, OK etc, good bath time reading.

same here
    I buy kerrang nearly every week, I keep forgetting recently though. I love Cosmo and sometimes buy Heat if it looks interesting, only like once a month though.

i love having a read of my mums take a break as well, haha.
    Innuendo Today
    Buggery Monthly
    What Dildo

They must be to shelf in W H Spliffs ;)

I used to buy FHM a few years ago, but dont bother now. If im feeling in an educational mood I will buy the economist.
    Metal Hammer
    Terrorizer
    Guitar Buyer
    Guitarist
    Total Guitar
    These are MUST HAVE
    Bought What Car recently and Auto Trader...
    The only mag that I regularly buy is DJ Magazine, oddly enough. The rest of the time, I find the newspapers enough.
    Sofie wrote: »

I don't buy magazines anymore; the only magazine I've ever really bought was a crime one which I can't remember the name of.

Would that be Real Life Crimes and How They Were Solved? I used to buy that when i was about 14.

I don't really buy any now i can't afford to, but if i have the money I'll buy Cosmopolitan or just something like Love It.
    I think hes on bout the True Detective Series, they'res others aswell but i forget the name (all done by same company)

I dont do any mags anymore,
    use to do Gamesmaster (when it was good) and Nintendo mag but stopped
    Missus does all the crappy ones.
    Aye read your ma, know her like da back of ma hand. Come on you nut. Walk on. :chin: :wave: :D
    squeal wrote: »
    Would that be Real Life Crimes and How They Were Solved? I used to buy that when i was about 14.

That it it, thank you!
    Love It 'cos Im such a big geek! :razz:
    I get cosmo on subscription and buy love it every week. other than that just sometimes random things
    Nothing regularly any more. I used to buy magazine whenever I was buying anything expensive and technical (like computer or hifi magazines) before I got the internet. I went through a period of getting Q magazine until I realised it was mostly wank (the snapping point was when they gave Razorlight's album 5 stars). Used to buy Edge because they're the only computer game magazine that isn't basically for teenage boys, and they're the only reviews I trust, but I'm not into games in a big way any more. I used to buy Nintendo magazine when I was in school, but the whole slagging off other consoles thing always pissed me off about single-console magazines. Used to buy Hotdog occasionally, but you don't see it around in many places any more. Occasionally buy Sight and Sound if I'm feeling pretentious or they've got an interview or article I want to read.
    I read Heat weekly (but don't buy it, coz my dad prints it) and I usually buy Happy and Vogue monthly.
    I buy NME occasionly.
    I usually get more of company but occasionaly get some trashy celeb gossip mag like new or closer something like that
    Oh god, i read loads! I get The Week weekly on subscription, i usually buy Cosmo and Company, sometimes get Good Food or Olive, and if i'm using my brain i get The Economist. Also get Financial Management magazine cos of the qualification i'm doing. I must spend a fortune...
    I get two free accouting magazines a month, one from my body and the PQ one (one or two of you might know it). And I do read them fully.