Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Happiest day of the year?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Apparently today is the happiest day of the year...

So is it for you?

I'm pretty happy today because I just heard my clever clogs of a sister has got a First in her degree and won a prize. :D And we've just had our shower put back in (although can't use it until monday at least).

Soooo... what mood are you in today and why?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bit groggy after a night of cider and weed.

Though I'm cooking all day today and it's grad ball tonight which should be awesome fun. The Wurzels are playing! :yippe: :yippe: :yippe:
    No. :grump:

My jaw wiring has to stay in for at least another 2 weeks and i was hoping they would take it out today. On the plus side im off the medication so i can drink again. :yippe:

Pulling people will be especially hard with a mouth that doesnt open though :(
    today isnt much different from other days imo :p

can you even talk with your jaw wired shut renzo? :x
    muse- wrote: »
    today isnt much different from other days imo :p

can you even talk with your jaw wired shut renzo? :x

I can talk without a problem, even if it is slightly muffled. I just cant eat, or perform any function that involves opening my mouth.
    Happiest day of the year? Is that worked out because it's the longest day of the year, plus a Friday?

I'm not feeling that happy. I've just come on, feel pale and groggy and stressed and am unsure about my future. So, no, most definitely not the happiest day of the year for me.
    Longest day was yesterday wasn't ?

Happy - Won £88 on a scratchcard this morning, making cake.

Unhappy - Raining again, was thinking of going to the Manchester meet but just found out we're entertaining that weekend
    No it's not. It's pissing it down with rain and a stupid bus driver wouldn't accept my student travel card (even though it's been accepted on there before and it should be) so I had to pay full fare which i didn't even have enough money for. :grump:
    Mine has been the exact opposite of happy.

It started at 3.30am with a fire in my kitchen and now I've got a burst pipe in my kitchen.

Bad luck comes in threes so Im going to hide in a cupboard for the rest of the day :grump:
    :eek: What happened? Are you ok Shaz?
    Not Happy- I just flippin sprained my ankle really badly...either that or its broken. Its swollen and I've got no one 2 drive me to the doctors, and I cant walk so I'm a bit pissed. :(

Happy- Day off work because of the above :)
    :eek: What happened? Are you ok Shaz?
    Yeah we're all fine :)

J got home from work at 3.30am to find the kitchen and livingroom full of smoke, thank god he got home when he did or else it could've been a lot worse.
    Well it's my birthday today so yea, I'd agree it's the happiest day of the year. :D

Got some cool gifts already. Couple of books (Irvine Welsh's Acid House & The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time) and a sweet t-shirt

Best present yet is this collage thing my friend Nikki made me, which has a picture of me and all my favourite people stuck in around me like we're in a big club, including John Peel, George Best, Johnny Cash, Brian O'Driscoll, Karen O, Jessica Alba, Felix Da Housecat (DJing), Hunter S Thompson, Kraftwerk, John Snow (Channel 4 News), Susie Dent (Countdown sexpot), Randy from South Park, Mark & Jeremy from Peep Show, Roy Keane and couple of other footballers I like, like David Healy and Kaka. I love it! Best part is that in one corner there's a picture of Jeremy Guscott (ex-English rugby player come tv pundit twat who i despise with a passion) trying to get in but 2 bouncers stopping him saying "You're not on the list, so fuck off... or we'll kill your family." :D (That's something I always say to people when they piss me off).

It's basically the coolest thing ever. If I can get it scanned sometime soon I will, and show it off.
    Happiest day for me as well as it is my birthday too :)

Although it's not nice being out in the rain it is quite cool sitting where I do, right in the corner of a building with dual aspects windows and the storm comes howling round the corner... the rain is teeming down at the moment and it sounds amazing!

Going out this evening too... must remember to take an umbrella!!
    Yes. I now have a Law degree after getting my results today.

I finally have something to show for being in education for gawd knows how many years!
    My day just got happier as I have been formally offered a job I have been waiting a year for... have also been offered it at a higher salary than I was expecting...

A double whammy of celebrations tonight :D
    Passing my test on that day left me pretty chuffed. Happiest I've been so far this year, at least.