Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

is there anyone out there who enjoys raves without drugs!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
it seems like i am the only person out there!!

i enjoy the music, but i do not need drugs to enjoy myself.

anyone in the same boat?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    same here hun
    ah there is someone lol!! you into hardcore? cos i really enjoy listening to hardcore in clubs, i just dont take drugs. tried, didnt like it. you feel the same then? or just never looked twice at them?
    I just think alcohol is enough for me. I've tried it too but just didn't like it plus the come down is abit much the next day, i find it hard enough to deal with a hangover lol :lol:
    well i must say, i am surprised. i feel its refreshing to know that i am not the only one though!
    well i must say, i am surprised. i feel its refreshing to know that i am not the only one though!

What you mean by your suprised? I've got a couple of mates that don't take drugs but we still party but it is nice to know that other people out there are just the same
    because i don't know ANYONE who goes to raves and doesnt take drugs. i honestly dont.
    Well don't worry your not alone hun ;)
    I just think alcohol is enough for me. I've tried it too but just didn't like it plus the come down is abit much the next day, i find it hard enough to deal with a hangover lol :lol:

alcohol IS a drug tbh, and a more dangerous one than pills.
    Fair enough if thats what you prefer though, but it just sounds a bit weird to say " I dont need drugs to enjoy myself" if you're drinking alcohol.
    I assumed the question meant who goes to raves without having anything. Just likes the music,
    alcohol IS a drug tbh, and a more dangerous one than pills.
    Fair enough if thats what you prefer though, but it just sounds a bit weird to say " I dont need drugs to enjoy myself" if you're drinking alcohol.
    I assumed the question meant who goes to raves without having anything. Just likes the music,

Ok well noted but i obviously thought he meant drugs as in e's, coke, etc....

Sorry to be incorrect
    I could go to a rave and have a wicked time with no drugs and just drink water all night.

I choose not too though just because I think the two go hand in hand, they are both good and enjoyable experiences... so when done at the same time then its always a good night out :D
    I could easily go to a rave without drugs and still have a good time.
    Why? Because I love Hardcore so much and the atmosphere is buzzing anyway.
    I just prefer to take drugs because they make an amazing night even better.
    I have a couple of mates who come raving with me who don't take illegal drugs.

i enjoy the music, but i do not need drugs to enjoy myself.

anyone in the same boat?

Yep. The same as I don't need to go to a rave to enjoy music.

Get the ignorant idea out of your head that we do.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I could easily go to a rave without drugs and still have a good time.
    Why? Because I love Hardcore so much and the atmosphere is buzzing anyway.
    I just prefer to take drugs because they make an amazing night even better.
    I have a couple of mates who come raving with me who don't take illegal drugs.

:yes: i'm exactly the same.
    i know a lot of people who would happily go to a rave and not do any drugs so you 'aint the only one.
    Drug users don't need to take take drugs to have a good time, they just make a good time better. That's something a lot of people have to get into their heads.

As for me, yes I go to lots of raves and only drink alcohol. If you think you're the only one then there's something wrong with you.

but i do not need drugs to enjoy myself.

:yeees: :rolleyes: :banghead:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    i do not need drugs to enjoy myself.

Neither do most of us. I generally don't drink alcohol when going to raves and I could say I don't need alcohol to have a good time.

Implying that most drug users need drugs to have a good time is frankly bollocks.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    Neither do most of us. I generally don't drink alcohol when going to raves and I could say I don't need alcohol to have a good time.

Implying that most drug users need drugs to have a good time is frankly bollocks.
    Although I think there are a lot more users who need to than would actually admit it.
    i can definitely have a great time at a rave without drugs

but drugs can enhance the experience... sometimes... depending on the trip
    I'll admit it - I need drugs to enjoy myself when I go to raves. When I first started out I didn't need anything but now I know how it feels, I'd be bored without them.
    id rather be mashed off my face on something but im sure your not the only one out there that prefers them without drugs
    I don't think I could go out clubbing without drugs, be it alcohol or class As. Its part of the experience for me and I like to get wasted. It's what the weekend is all about.
    95% of the time i go out i go to what i call "proper" clubs, decent house music etc (you know the type where the majority of people have HUGE pupils lol). When im out at proper clubs it would feel weird and a waste not to be pilled up. For me pounding house music and ecstasy go hand in hand. So i suppose i do need drugs (well not really drugs, just pills) for me to have a 'proper' night out.

On the odd ocassion i get dragged to some shite clubs and then i wouldnt benefit from pills really, cuz nobody else is on them. So for that sort of night out i just drink alcohol. But i tend to avoid these places like the plague.
    Also its hard to say whether its just enjoyment or the need to last long enough. For example last night i was at a club from 11 til 3, then at a warehouse rave till 7.30. There wouldnt be a chance in hell of me lasting either sober or just drunk.
    I went to a big event yesterday...
    It was a day thing from 11am till 10pm spead across about 6 different clubs in an old goods yard in Kingscross...

I had a few beers in the afternoon, but for most of it I was completely sober just drinking water with no drugs legal or not.

I had an awesome time and didnt find it a problem at all. I did think once or twice that it would be nice to have been on pills but it didnt really bother me.

I went with a mate who doesnt really like drugs, so I left it out of respect for him. He is a wicked laugh though and the event was really good.
    JamesZero wrote: »
    I went to a big event yesterday...
    It was a day thing from 11am till 10pm spead across about 6 different clubs in an old goods yard in Kingscross...

I had a few beers in the afternoon, but for most of it I was completely sober just drinking water with no drugs legal or not.

I had an awesome time and didnt find it a problem at all. I did think once or twice that it would be nice to have been on pills but it didnt really bother me.

I went with a mate who doesnt really like drugs, so I left it out of respect for him. He is a wicked laugh though and the event was really good.

I almost went to the Afterparty without pills because my dealers phone wasn;t ringing.
    I was preparing myself for a night just on the booze, but fortunately I got hold of some Mitsubishi's, Love Hearts and these fucking HUGE Micky Mouse pills (seriously, I've never seen a pill this big before, they were fucking henchy...looked like fucking fruit pastels.)
    is there anyone out there who enjoys raves without drugs!?

I managed it Friday night.

Drugs 'would' of been good, but the music was... ugh, too emotional it didn't bother me or pals too much. I still had a buzz and really enjoyed myself. I learnt something! 'The title thread' -> yes I can and did! Still, that wont deter me from getting on it next time. I did feel a bit left out being sober and around people chewing their chops off though :lol: but hey theres always next weekend!
    You don't need drugs to appreciate it, although they can make a good night better they don't necessarily do so either... a good night is a good night, regardless of drugs. You gotta experience everything for what it is too.
    I couldn't go to a rave without drugs. Not even tempt me to go if there weren't going to be copious amounts of drugs, mostly because that kind of music is pain to my ears unless I'm fuckfaced. However, I have and do go to many other music events without any drugs apart from nicotine.
    Anyone who needs drugs to enjoy a rave shouldn't go in the first place!!

Its like me having to get shitfaced to enjoy going to see a band I didn't like why the hell would I wanna do that? If ya cant enjoy it for what it is and have to bend reality to appreciate it it aint for u.

Although you cannot beat being wiped out getting lost in the music, nothing touches it. :hyper:
    in my opinion, the music at raves is so bad that it's really only worth going if you are on drugs--who would want to listen to the most predictable and formulaic forms of dance music for like 8 hours while sober?