Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

question about travel insurance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
ive just bought my hol insurance online for the first time, as i usually get it included in my holiday package. however, this time i have had to buy it seperately and i have done but how do i go about letting my tour operator which i am going on holiday with, know that i am insured? do i just print out the page which says - u have purchased holiday insurance????

:chin:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you have to prove it to them?

Even when you buy online you should get something with the policy number, the dates, what to do if you need to use it etc. I'd print out the cover page which should have the policy number on and the details of the insurer and send that to them if you need to. You should also take that info with you.
    ah cheers, ive printed the page out and it states the dates, policy number and how long im going for. just would've expected them to ask me what airport i was flying from and they would transfer the data to them or something!!??
    Nope, why would they?

You've bought travel insurance for a trip, it'd be odd for them to care where you are flying from.
    Travel providers such as first choice etc really don't care whether you have holiday insurance or not, they just say they do in an attempt to make you buy their extortionately priced inhouse policies instead of shopping around which most sensible people would do. You don't need to send them any proof or anything like that to prove you have it.

However, when you go on holiday, make sure you print out and take all the policy documents you're sent with you just in case anything does happen and you know what the procedure is.