Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Stock images

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know where i can get photos of female models for free that i can use in commerical stuff for free and the image size is HUGE? (like A3 size @ 300dpi)

I'm making an event flyer for a mate but i kind of need a stock image to use on it.

By models i mean like the sort of stuff you see on gatecrasher/electro/RnB advertising materials

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Free? I doubt it !
    You wont get anything for free. I remeber when I needed models for some promotional work, using their images cost my company the best part of £3k. It will depend on your use etc, but you wont really find anything for free without people hounding you over copywrite or image rights.

:thumb:
    As said you won't get any of them for free, you'll end up paying shit loads. Take a look on Don't Stay In and see if you can get anyone to help you.
    www.inthepicture.org is good, too. :yes:

Lots of folk from Death Disco club nights at The Arches are good for electro-y images.
    Just get one of the girls from this site to do the pictures. Ideally one who you've had an eye on for some time.

*raised eyebrows all round*
    What? Someone was bound to suggest it... :p
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    What? Someone was bound to suggest it... :p
    :lol: and it was bound to be you!
    icey wrote: »
    :lol: and it was bound to be you!
    Indeed. But what's wrong with the suggestion? I'm sure someone would be willing to do the job.
    deviant art is a possiblity...
    I've checked the obvious places, only problem is most images are either copyrighted or miles too small (or not right for the job).
    I managed to find something anyway, its not perfect but it'll do the trick...
    i can model for you :flirt:
    On a less scary note than Noog dressing as a woman and modelling for TheSite...

We use the following sites for free stock images -

http://www.sxc.hu/
    http://www.morguefile.com

and these are some other suggestions from the office, for future consideration (though getting an image that size is never easy)

www.freephotosbank.com
    http://www.everystockphoto.com/
    www.stockvault.net/
    www.freeimages.co.uk/
    www.photo-wizard.net
    www.freestockimages.net
    www.freerangestock.com
    http://www.fotogenika.net/
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I have looked on one of those links, and I have seen some that could work, but I dont know quite what you are going for. So rather than upload them all onto here, just grab me and ill tell you
    :D That rocks jim & bunny
    Jim V wrote: »
    On a less scary note than Noog dressing as a woman and modelling for TheSite...
    Just imagine Stargalaxy here dressing up as a woman and modelling for TheSite. You'll have nightmares for weeks.
    Pink Devils is a plentiful hi-res celebrity/model resource site with images often 4000 pixels high. You can freely download them, but you won't be able to freely publish it on a club flyer due to copyright implications. The copyright will mainly go to the phographer who took the picture.