Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Favourite Destination

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Where is your favourite destination in the world for a holiday???
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Hull.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    JsT wrote: »
    Hull.

I saw you had posted, and I KNEW you would have said that! I dont know why, but you are just soooo predictable!
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I saw you had posted, and I KNEW you would have said that! I dont know why, but you are just soooo predictable!
    I know. It is delibrate :p
  • Options
    my fave place i've been to is probably Toronto.
    worst is Vienna.

ETA: thats on holidays, worst place ive ever been to full stop is probably Grimsby or Swindon.
  • Options
    Egypt
  • Options
    Where my family friends live in Ireland. Half way up a mountain in the middle of nowhere.
  • Options
    I absolutely love Austria and southern Germany.

Places I haven't been to but really want to, are Thailand (bring on the end of this year!) and South East Asia in general, Egypt, Jamaica and South America.
  • Options
    Tokyo has an amazing buzz only matched by London and New York.
  • Options
    I'm not well travelled enough to have a favourite but I'm off to Jamaica soon and i'm really looking forward to that, out of the places I have been to the Dominican Republic has probably been the best.
  • Options
    malyasia, austrailia or berlin are best places i've been to.
  • Options
    Blackpool.
  • Options
    It's all about the Brighton.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    It's all about the Brighton.

Weeeeeeeey, you luv it!!

Brighton massive!!! ;)
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Weeeeeeeey, you luv it!!

Brighton massive!!! ;)

Oiiiiii Oiiiiiii!

Only ever been proper clubbing there once, but it's a cool as fuck place for a weekend away whatever you're doing.

Near enough London, but far away enough for it not to be London y'know? Happy, happy days.
  • Options
    Oiiiiii Oiiiiiii!

Only ever been proper clubbing there once, but it's a cool as fuck place for a weekend away whatever you're doing.

Near enough London, but far away enough for it not to be London y'know? Happy, happy days.

Yeah man, totally. That's why I love it so much, it's close to London but even closer to beautiful countryside and the south coast.
    Brighton centre is like 30 mins bus journey from my house. I just love the vibe of the place, it has one of the best atmospheres out of any cities I've been to.
    Great for clubbing too, the Honey Club is the place to be! We get some good hardcore and d'n'b raves from time to time too.
    I suppose I'm biased because it's like my home city, but it's nice to know that a Glaswegan appreciates it too. :thumb:
  • Options
    Yeah man, totally. That's why I love it so much, it's close to London but even closer to beautiful countryside and the south coast.
    Brighton centre is like 30 mins bus journey from my house. I just love the vibe of the place, it has one of the best atmospheres out of any cities I've been to.
    Great for clubbing too, the Honey Club is the place to be! We get some good hardcore and d'n'b raves from time to time too.
    I suppose I'm biased because it's my like my home city, but it's nice to know that a Glaswegan appreciates it too. :thumb:

Not from Glasgow but from Aberdeen, but I agree with the rest of it ;)
  • Options
    Not from Glasgow but from Aberdeen, but I agree with the rest of it ;)

My bad! :D

Only Scottish cities I've been to are Edinburgh and Inverness. I loved Edinburgh, wasn't so keen on Inverness but I loved the surrounding countryside.
  • Options
    At the moment Goa looks well lush.

ETA - I'd like to add Romford, because then I'd be in the same vicinity of a dream boat and not too far away from a few folk I know in Laaaaahndan.
  • Options
    My bad! :D

Only Scottish cities I've been to are Edinburgh and Inverness. I loved Edinburgh, wasn't so keen on Inverness but I loved the surrounding countryside.

Yeah, I'm sort of from the corner bit where you go east from Inverness and north of Aberdeen. Really lovely part of the world too, I've seriously missed the scenery and the small fishing town/village vibe that I grew up in.

Heading home for a bit next month, really can't wait now. Can see how it might be a bit boring if you're into big raves and stuff though :razz:
  • Options
    Can see how it might be a bit boring if you're into big raves and stuff though :razz:

Lol Nah, I love beautiful and quiet countryside, espescially the Highlands, just I found Inverness itself a bit dull. Some of the little villages I visited were just stunning though. The same goes for Ireland.
  • Options
    Lol Nah, I love beautiful and quiet countryside, espescially the Highlands, just I found Inverness itself a bit dull. Some of the little villages I visited were just stunning though. The same goes for Ireland.

Yeah there's not really that much to Inverness, but the people are absolutely lovely. The sort of place you'd go to retire, I'd say :yes:
  • Options
    Okay boys, you've talked me into it -brash Brighton n the sublime scottish highlands here i come....
  • Options
    Hamburg, Stockholm, Glens of Antrim, Brora, Salzburg, Ko Chang, Pemba Island/Zanzibar, Chicago, Boston.

Plenty more though, that's off the top of my head ;)
  • Options
    Moscow. Would also love to do the Trans-Siberian.

Patagonia looks stunning too.
  • Options
    I'm not really interested in going to the same places over and over again, but Morocco and Bosnia are places I would like to return to.

Granada in Spain is lovely too.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    ETA - I'd like to add Romford, because then I'd be in the same vicinity of a dream boat and not too far away from a few folk I know in Laaaaahndan.

:eek2:

Have you ever actually been to Romford?!
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Salzburg,

More of an Innsbruck guy myself :p
    Although Salzburg is very nice.

I think I'm a Tirolean at heart.
  • Options
    I'd like to check out Japan at some point.
  • Options
    ive only passed through salzburg from leaving/arriving at the airport, but it looked a bit skanky!

otherwise i found austria to be a great place, i love the snow though :D

Dominican republic and a very limited experience of edinburgh are also places at the top of my list to see again :)
  • Options
    Damems.