Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How long do drugs stay in your system?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going up for a medical trial next wednesday and to get on it i need to be tested in all kinds of ways, to get on i need to be completely drugs free.
Problem is last friday i smoked a couple of joints with my mates and took half a pill - how long is this likely to stay in my system and is there a way to flush it out quicker?

Comments

• Options
    Were you a regular smoker of cannabis up until that point? If so then I doubt you can pass the test if its only about two weeks.

Also, what sort of tests are they doing, if its hair then you're both probably screwed.

However, if its just a piss test your mate will probably pass, and you might if thats all you've smoked in the past month or so.

As for getting it out of your system, I seem to remember cranberry juice being called useful, though I'm not sure whether it actually works or not.
  • Options
    No i've hardly ever smoked really before then, only a handful of times in the past.
    Only other time i've taken half a pill about a year ago, what about that?
    Its just a piss test i think
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    No i've hardly ever smoked really before then, only a handful of times in the past.
    Only other time i've taken half a pill about a year ago, what about that?
    Its just a piss test i think

A piss test for MDMA is about ten days I think, though its supposed to be less if you drink a lot of water.

One off small dose of THC like that is likely to be small enough by the time of the test to go through clean. Like I said I dont know whether it does work, but it cant hurt to neck some bottles of cranberry juice.
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan :thumb: thanks
  • Options
    Urine test....

Alcohol - 12 to 24 hours

Amphetamines (Speed) - 2 to 4 days

Cannabis - 2 to 7 days, but up to 1 month for regular users

Cocaine/Crack - 12 hours to 3 days

Ecstasy/MDMA - 2 to 4 days

Heroin - 1 to 2 days

LSD - 2 to 3 days

(I've got a little booklet that tells you ;) Not entirely sure how accurate it is though)
  • Options
    Personally I find it quite doubtful that it takes about as long for MDMA and LSD to come out of your system. Most of the LSD you consume is out of the body before the trip even finishes.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Ace! i hope thats accurate cause i could do with the money :D
  • Options
    One of the women's boyfriends at work got fired last week from the bus company for testing positive for cannibis, 2 weeks after having his last spliff. he wasnt even a regular smoker, just one every weekend or so. bummer
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote: »
    One of the women's boyfriends at work got fired last week from the bus company for testing positive for cannibis, 2 weeks after having his last spliff. he wasnt even a regular smoker, just one every weekend or so. bummer

i'd say that is fairly regular though. cannabis can be detected for up to about a month after stopping but i've heard that in frequent users it can be detected for as long as 3 months. and of course you can even test positive from passive inhalation which happened to a mate of myn. sad the guy lost his job tho' but i guess drivers need to be always alert so smoking some weed would be enough to put his job on the line.
  • Options
    when i was at school a police officer came in and spoke to us about drugs and they yold us that smoke takes about 4 - 6 months to come out of your system.
  • Options
    yeah we had a "party safe day" at school where they talked about how to.. party safe. i think they said that marijuana takes about a month until it's undetected in your urine.. not sure about the pills though