Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why do you never get insects in pubs or shops?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering like. I mean, you get spiders and stuff in your house, why do you never see one in a pub or when you're walking around a shop? :chin:

Comments

• Options
    Cos your too busy getting pissed or shopping to give a fuck?
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Cos your too busy shopping getting pissed or shopping to give a fuck?

:lol: fair point!
  • Options
    A lot of shops have those fly trap electrocution thingys that attract the flies and then electrocute them... Especially if they deal with food.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    A lot of shops have those fly trap electrocution thingys that attract the flies and then electrocute them... Especially if they deal with food.

eww we used to have one of them in the chippy when I worked there. Every now and again you would hear 'Bzzzz - drop'
  • Options
    Urgh, not in this kebabish near me- Last summer A daddy long legs landed on my kebab before I even got a bite. Just paid for it as well.
  • Options
    foxysoxy wrote: »
    Urgh, not in this kebabish near me- Last summer A daddy long legs landed on my kebab before I even got a bite. Just paid for it as well.

That wouldn't stop me lol
  • Options
    my local gets quite a few moths, but they have those bug killers in the kitchen cause they serve food.. most pubs also have double doors to get in so it lowers the chance of creepy crawleys getting in :)

dont know about shops, the arcades are ok i guess because the whole area is air conditioned and bugs don't tend to like an extended stay in that kind of atmosphere. high st shops i guess are vunerable to bug attack...

what a strange question.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    eww we used to have one of them in the chippy when I worked there. Every now and again you would hear 'Bzzzz - drop'
    Ugh the worst is when a wasp or a bee flies in there - it takes them ages to die and they struggle which is horrible, and then they smell really bad for ages :sour:
  • Options
    there are loads in shops :confused:
  • Options
    in my local pub they always have loads of daddy long legs :yuck: they're horrible.
  • Options
    They have higher ceilings so you don't notice them as much.