Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Thunderstorms

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
Whislt everybody else has been experiences some shitty weather recently, we've had it pretty good until just now. It's been hot and real close all day and the thunderstorm and rain we just had was incredible.

I happened to be walking the dog in the middle of the forest at the time, in nothing more than shorts and t-shirt. Never seen rain like it in this country.

In the middle of this my dog caught a fox and the two of them were making a horrendous noise, whilst the thunder boomed. It's was really sureal.

Had any thunder today?
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah , birmingham had a month of rain in a few hours last week, and there's a severe weather warning out tonight, so we'll see :(.

Hopefully we'll get all the rain outta the way for the summer :)
    We haven't had any thunderstorms, but we have had some really random spurts of heavy rain... I was at work the other day, and it was a lovely hot day. We had the doors from the bar to the terrace open and people were outside having their drinks. Then suddenly, out of the blue the sun fucks off and it starts pissing it down. Bit of a bummer really.
    We haven't had any yet, but its come over really dark and I'm expecting it to be after the weather earlier. According to the Met Office website I'm due severe weather in about 20 minutes.
    We got it atm
    we had thunder last week and loada flooding about the place.. been mostly pissing down since .. just after brilliant weather for a few days too, bastards :(
    z- wrote: »
    bastards :(

who? :) Government? :)
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    noog wrote: »
    yeah , birmingham had a month of rain in a few hours last week, and there's a severe weather warning out tonight, so we'll see :(.

what? I havent heard anything?
    we had the lamest thunderstorm at lunchtime. the rain was quite bad though to make up for the lack of electrical excitement and whatnot :D

yup, the fuckers and their weather machine... im on to them!!!!!!!!!

:D
    Yeah I think that storm came here after you Skive... it was really bad! Didnt last that long though.

Saying that, the people next door were about to have a BBQ cos its the womans birthday... oops!
    There's a nice little thunderstorm going on in Braintree right now. Not as bad as what you said though Skive, seen worse (not MUCH worse, but worse none the less), although the lightning is really bright and the thunder is really loud...the rain seems to be getting harder as well...I think I probably spoke too soon :o.
    Franki wrote: »
    the rain seems to be getting harder as well

So you're looking forward to a few hard inches tonight then ?
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    So you're looking forward to a few hard inches tonight then ?
    I never know how you manage to make such innocent things sound so rude :p. It's some talent, I'll give you that ;p.
    Franki wrote: »
    I never know how you manage to make such innocent things sound so rude :p. It's some talent, I'll give you that ;p.

He has had 40 years training :D
    Our thunder was right on time. I was a bit disappointed though, other than a few rumbles and flashes there wasn't much of a storm here, the rain wasn't even that hard.
    yeh it's been really muggy here today. it's now raining, thundering and lightning!
    Yup, thunder and lightning here now :D Hurrah! Although i was outside watering my strawberries and hanging basket in my slippers and i got rained on :( (i'm so cool, by the way...)
    The weather was fine until about 6pm. Which happens to be the time I finish work. So, just as I was putting my coat on and getting to ready to leave, it starts pissing it down. It's as if God decided to pour one massive bucket of water over us. I arrived home looking like something the cat dragged in... only to drag out again in embarrassment.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Just got it here too.
    Nothing here yet, just nice and calm.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Nothing here, bit of rain thats it. Unless it happened when I was at the bingo :cool: I think Noog is lying to both me and you!

Spot on, Tony Blair that bastard, he could have left number 10 has a really good PM, but then Iraq, and now this... he'll be remembered as fondly as smallpox :banghead:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    We've had some cracking storms latley. Yesterday was a nice one. A couple before that, maybe 3, but they wern't as good.

It's bitchin' having this many storms. Storms ftw.