Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

£18,000,000

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Johnathan Ross has apparently been given a 3 year contract with the BBC for £18,000,000.

Can someone please tell me what he does that's worth this much money ?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Johnathan Ross has apparently been given a 3 year contract with the BBC for £18,000,000.

Can someone please tell me what he does that's worth this much money ?

It was last year he got this contract. This is old news :p .

When you read beyond the headlines, its not as extortionate as it sounds. With this money his production company will have to make (Tonight with Jonathon Ross) and his other TV programmes for the Beeb.

He obviously is worth it, or ITV and Channel 4 would have offered to pay him over £20million.

Nice work if you can get it though :thumb:
  • Options
    Well maybe they've renewed hos contract or summat as i read about this on BBCi teletext yesterday. Something to do with a new committee to 'appraise' star's salaries.

ETA What other TV programmes ? He presents a chat show and ....................... ?
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Well maybe they've renewed hos contract or summat as i read about this on BBCi teletext yesterday. Something to do with a new committee to 'appraise' star's salaries.

There is going to be an investigation into the huge salaries the Beeb are paying to Jonathon Ross, Terry Wogan and Chris Moyles (to name a few). Its really determine if the Beeb are using tax payers money properley and getting value for money.

I dont really mind Jonathon Ross or Chris Moyles as the both entertain me. But I dont understand why they pay Graham Norton a penny. Hes absolute shite.

:thumb:

EDIT: He does Film 2007 (that thing barry norman used to do) and Japanorama for BBC3. He will also have to make some new programmes along the same lines as Japanorama. He also has a radion show to do.

Should he find himself overdrawn im sure his newspaper column salary should help him out ;)
  • Options
    It's basic economics. One man on a stage with some guests entertains as many viewers as an episode of Dr. Who. So should that man then get paid a similar amount per episode as it costs to make Dr. Who? And he probably doesn't even get close to that. I like Jonathan Ross, and so do a lot of other people. To the BBC he represents a sure thing. Get him to present something and the number of viewers goes up just because of that fact.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I dont really mind Jonathon Ross or Chris Moyles as the both entertain me. But I dont understand why they pay Graham Norton a penny. Hes absolute shite. ;)

agreed norton is shite. but so is moyles. about as funny as getting you head kicked in.
  • Options
    hazell wrote: »
    agreed norton is shite. but so is moyles. about as funny as getting you head kicked in.

I like chris moyles, hes such a refreshing change and he makes me laugh. :thumb:
  • Options
    yeah loads of people like. i just don't get him
  • Options
    It's great to see that the BBC is spending my money with the due diligence and respect that you would expect from the UK's biggest, most corrupt and least democratic QUANGO.

Given that they will send me to prison if I don't pay the TV Tax, when do I get to vote out the cunt who gave him that contract?
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    EDIT: He does Film 2007 (that thing barry norman used to do) and Japanorama for BBC3. He will also have to make some new programmes along the same lines as Japanorama. He also has a radion show to do.

Should he find himself overdrawn im sure his newspaper column salary should help him out ;)

I think the figure might cover his dire Saturday show on Radio 2 as well.
  • Options
    It may be one man on a stage making as much as Doctor Who - but much as I like Wossy I'd still rather have 26 episodes of Doctor Who a year and no Johnathan Ross...
  • Options
    It's basic economics. One man on a stage with some guests entertains as many viewers as an episode of Dr. Who. So should that man then get paid a similar amount per episode as it costs to make Dr. Who? And he probably doesn't even get close to that. I like Jonathan Ross, and so do a lot of other people. To the BBC he represents a sure thing. Get him to present something and the number of viewers goes up just because of that fact.

thats it..

everything else in this thread just comes down to personal opinion.

on that note... I like him anyway, everything he presents is generally good.. rather him than neighbours.