Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Regular pill users...don't you wish..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't you wish that you could get those crazy rushes that we used to get back in the day?
Sure we take pills and we get fucked...we still get that feeling of bliss but I long for that amazing come up rush that sadly pills just don't give me these days.

Comments

• Options
    maybe your getting old... You will soon be getting your highs from a chocolate digestive, mug of tea and Heartbeat on TV ;)
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    maybe your getting old... You will soon be getting your highs from a chocolate digestive, mug of tea and Heartbeat on TV ;)

:lol:
  • Options
    I feel ya man for real!!

But on the plus side, you dont make as much of a pratt as yourself and look so wild eyed or zombified. I got abosolutely trashed at a rave on friday, didnt even know were I was for a couple of hours then bam back came normality (well i was still off it a bit) and I was buzzing, no comedown either. And I had more drugs than I care to put on here honestly haha.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »

Ha! POTW.

But I soo agree. Fuck, I remember the time I first tried windmills in Optimo and was seeing stars, literally. People were wearing face paint which matched animal prints, and mexican wrestling masks and I was just havering something chronic.

I think that's why I rely on K more these days to get absolutely trippy as pills don't give me that rush like they did. WOE!

Those were the days when you come up, if you came up any harder fuck me gently mate, you'd be floating!
  • Options
    Uprising wrote: »
    I feel ya man for real!!

But on the plus side, you dont make as much of a pratt as yourself and look so wild eyed or zombified. I got abosolutely trashed at a rave on friday, didnt even know were I was for a couple of hours then bam back came normality (well i was still off it a bit) and I was buzzing, no comedown either. And I had more drugs than I care to put on here honestly haha.

Yeah I know what you mean, it's kinda funny now when you're at a rave and you see those kids with their eyes rolling back into their skull, munching on their lips and rubbing their bodies. Still, I don't think I was ever quite like that, even back then...
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »

Those were the days when you come up, if you came up any harder fuck me gently mate, you'd be floating!

Haha yeah totally mate.

Still, pills and MDMA powder are the best drug for raves...always will be, although some good base to make you rush and keep you going is always good aswell.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Don't you wish that you could get those crazy rushes that we used to get back in the day?
    Sure we take pills and we get fucked...we still get that feeling of bliss but I long for that amazing come up rush that sadly pills just don't give me these days.

:yes: mdma crystals don't even do it for me. I also miss base rushes :( I even stopped for a year and a half and still never got those rushes. I seem to have a very tolerant threshold.
  • Options
    I still get rushes as I'm coming up. Depends on the pill though.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I still get rushes as I'm coming up. Depends on the pill though.

Yeah I do still get rushes sometimes but just no way near as intense as they used to be.
  • Options
    I reckon its probably as much of a pschological thing as a chemical threshold one.

When you've done it so many times, and you're well enough acquainted with the feelings and effects, it probably has less novelty and excitement. Also, I imagine the awareness of the approaching comedown takes some of the fun out of it...

Thats the impression I get from people, rather than my own experience. I've done probably about 10 pills over a period of three years (maybe 5 or 6 sessions) and even a half gets me buzzing and acting like a gurnard! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Take a Big Big break!

Was over a year since I last did any. And last week I did ONE, yes one pill! And it felt like the good old days.

But to be honest I've learned to control myself, and it's much better than overindulging. I used to take alot in a night but the novelty wore off eventually, and I can just dabble once in awhile!
  • Options
    Nash wrote: »
    Take a Big Big break!

Was over a year since I last did any. And last week I did ONE, yes one pill! And it felt like the good old days.

But to be honest I've learned to control myself, and it's much better than overindulging. I used to take alot in a night but the novelty wore off eventually, and I can just dabble once in awhile!

I did take a break of about 3 months... and I don't do pills on the scale that I used to, but I still don't get good rushes. :(

I used to be taking anywhere between 10 and 20 pills in a night, now it's usually about 4 - 8.
  • Options
    i remember when i banged a pill and went to the toilet a few minutes later...i was at a stone roses tribute band and when i looked down at the toilet it was Ian Brown looking up at me in the shape of a toilet!...then the walls at the side of me started moving in and out!:crazyeyes

i miss nights like that!
  • Options
    Nash wrote: »
    Take a Big Big break!

:yes:

Take a break ...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've been taking pills on an off for over ten years. From 20 every weekend for a few years, to 1 or 2 every 6 months.

You will NEVER be able to recapture that magic as long as you remember what to expect!
    You can take a long break and your tolerence will vanish, but it will never be the same.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    -kenny- wrote: »
    Still never gonna be as good as the first few times

:yes:

Still best feeling from any drug I've ever tried and I don't think it will ever be beaten.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Still best feeling from any drug I've ever tried and I don't think it will ever be beaten.

Yep, people say stuff like heroin and all is the best hit but you don't go to raves and all night parties sessions on it, meet new and wonderful people and actually appreciate the moment you're in on those drugs. There's a whole package experience with E's and I don't think anything can beat it, definately had the best nights on my life on E's. Pity the magic ran out for me.
  • Options
    You'll rush like a motherfucker with the right people in the right place and with the right music without even having any e's, it just takes a lot to make you rush as such after a lot of use... guess you just get used to it. As long as I still get the buzz, loved up and empathy etc I'm happy, rushes are a bonus. They used to be mad back in the day proper taking over your body, makes you look a right spaz but feels good hahaha.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »

Agreed