Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

delaying period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm off on a short holiday in 2 weeks :hyper: but I'm due to be on period during it, which would take the shine off things because I usually get quite bad cramps.

I've heard from friends that there's a pill you can take to delay your period? I'm going to make a doctors appointment tomorrow, but I've never been on any form of the pill or similar before, so wanted to double check this was the case? Anyone done this before?

Comments

• Options
    You can run packs of the contraceptive pill together to prevent periods, and if you go on the contraceptive pill this is an option for you.

There's no magic one-off pill, though.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    You can run packs of the contraceptive pill together to prevent periods, and if you go on the contraceptive pill this is an option for you.

You're suposed to start taking the pill on the first day of your period though as far as I remember.
  • Options
    I took norethisterone before a holiday once, which delayed my period. I stopped taking it once i got back, and then got my period. I wasn't on any birth control at the time though.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure you can Noristherone for this purpose. Won't necessarily stop any cramps though.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »

There is :thumb:

Like scary monster said i don't know if it will help with the cramps if you usualy get them in the build up to your period, but if you get them during it may well help this. You can't use it as a contraceptive though like the pill, it will just delay the period.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure you can Noristherone for this purpose. Won't necessarily stop any cramps though.

:yes:

Been to the doctors today, and yep this is what they gave me. Apprantly I have to take three tablets a day, starting three days before my holiday :yeees: which sucks a bit, but it's worth it. Cheers guys
  • Options
    :flirt:

I've been doing well recently, getting lots right and even been quoted by Helen!llllll