Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

stupid references to drugs on t.v./ film

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Addict wrote: »
    :lol:

Yea, sure you're not.

close-minded definition: stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.

Seeing as you've said NOTHING could ever change your opinion on drugs, I'm pretty sure you're stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.

You're close-minded. I'd also predict you're about 16 given the way you 'debate'.
    I am receptive to new ideas, I just know for a fact I will not agree with them.
    There is a huge difference.

Also, I'm coming up for 18, not that my age has anything to do with it.
  • Options
    Another opinion without any reasoning behind it or retort to what I said. :rolleyes: Should I be surprised?
    LOL.
    Just because I haven't voiced reasoning, doesn't mean it is without.

I don't have to explain myself every time I have an opinion. In fact, I don't have to explain myself EVER.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    And on the other hand, some people never shut up despite being proved completely ignorant about something, and continue digging themselves into a hole.

LOL, I've not been proved ignorant at all, nor am I 'digging myself a hole'.
    WTF.

I was right, you were wrong. aha.
  • Options
    smellycat wrote: »
    I am receptive to new ideas, I just know for a fact I will not agree with them.

then you're not receptive to them. if nothing can change your opinion on an issue then you are close-minded regarding that issue. therefore, in this instance you are close-minded.
  • Options
    then you're not receptive to them. if nothing can change your opinion on an issue then you are close-minded regarding that issue. therefore, in this instance you are close-minded.

re·cep·tive =having the quality of receiving, taking in, or admitting.

I'm receptive to them.
    I receive + take in other ideas and information.
  • Options
    again, if nothing can change your opinion on an issue then you are close-minded regarding that issue.
  • Options
    LOL.
    Just because I haven't voiced reasoning, doesn't mean it is without.

I don't have to explain myself every time I have an opinion. In fact, I don't have to explain myself EVER.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well I can only assume that since you refuse to voice any reasoning, you don't have any. Bye bye. :wave:
  • Options
    again, if nothing can change your opinion on an issue then you are close-minded regarding that issue.

People can try to change my opinion of they do so wish.
    It is not that I am close-minded at all.
    It is that there is no reason good enough to do drugs.
  • Options
    Well I can only assume that since you refuse to voice any reasoning, you don't have any. Bye bye. :wave:

LOL, then you obviously must be stupid.
    Bye now.:wave:
  • Options
    LOL, then you obviously must be stupid.
    Bye now.:wave:

Now, to be frank, there's only one person looking stupid here, and it's the person who won't/can't provide any reasoning or evidence to back-up their opinions.

In addition to this you've constantly had to back track on your arguments when someone has shown you up and simply responded with something like "ooops my bad".

I wouldn't go as far as saying you're an idiot. I think you're just juvenile. Maybe you'll grow up someday, and you can come back and have a proper debate. :)
  • Options
    Now, to be frank, there's only one person looking stupid here, and it's the person who won't/can't provide any reasoning or evidence to back-up their opinions.

In addition to this you've constantly had to back track on your arguments when someone has shown you up and simply responded with something like "ooops my bad".

I wouldn't go as far as saying you're an idiot. I think you're just juvenile. Maybe you'll grow up someday, and you can come back and have a proper debate. :)

... My bad is me admitting my mistakes.
    No-one has 'shown me up', there is nothing wrong with being wrong.

I'm more than mature. I don't need to grow up at all.

+ I have given reasons for my opinion.
    No-one else has given their reasons for opinions, I don't see why I should keep trying.
  • Options

That just doesn't cut it, certainly not here. If you come into a Drugs Board of a website and say people who take drugs are devoid of intelligence then you're going to have to back that up with something solid. You've done nothing of the like and stupid anecdotes like "I've seen what it does to my family" don't work either. Now are you going to act like someone who's coming 18 or stay being childish?
  • Options
    Smellycat, now I know your age and the fact you don't have much experience with drugs, I understand why you have the opinion you do.
  • Options
    You keep stating that it is your opinion that drugs always cause harm. Fairynuff. However, you are basing your opinion on an admitted position of ignorance. You are actually wrong - drug use does not necessarily lead to harm. This is not an opinion, it is (as previously stated) and empirically verifiable fact. To keep to an opinion (based on ignorance) when show to be wrong, is the very defintion of stupidity I'd have thought - it demonstrates an inability to think and revise opinions through knowledge.
  • Options
    accepting that they dont always cause harm doesnt mean you have to take them.
    Youd be right if you said there was a risk with drugs. Its certainly not risk free, but its a risk some people think is worth it because of the pleasure they get from it.
    Most of the time people will be fine from taking drugs with no lasting effects, but noones saying you should take them. Its certainly best if people avoid stuff like that probably, but that doesnt mean that people who enjoy it are stupid. they just like different things. Its all about accepting different peoples lifestyles, especially when they dont encroach on yours.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    You keep stating that it is your opinion that drugs always cause harm. Fairynuff. However, you are basing your opinion on an admitted position of ignorance. You are actually wrong - drug use does not necessarily lead to harm. This is not an opinion, it is (as previously stated) and empirically verifiable fact. To keep to an opinion (based on ignorance) when show to be wrong, is the very defintion of stupidity I'd have thought - it demonstrates an inability to think and revise opinions through knowledge.

:yes:
  • Options
    Given the last couple of responses (the one's I've deleted) I'm going to close this thread before people start saying things that get them banned.

And besides the debate ain't going anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.