Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Italian Food

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm off to Italy tomorrow - two question

a) What food MUST I try when over there (baring in mind I don't eat Pork but eat most other things - i.e. like beef, etc)

b) What food items should I bring back with me from there via plane that are within the rules of what is allowed back into the UK. I'm guessing most of the stuff I like - likes cheeses and dried / cured meats won't be allowed by plane?

Comments

• Options
    Try risotto its lovely, i brought some homemade pasta and chesse back and you can buy them in the airport in duty free shops on your way back so you can bring them on plane.. they were gorgeous.
  • Options
    Try pizza whilst in Italy, it just tastes better. They do much better toppings than the shit you get from the supermarket or takeaway here, and they are all thin base pizzas :yum:
  • Options
    Lots of people bring back cheese from Italy :yes:
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Try pizza whilst in Italy, it just tastes better. They do much better toppings than the shit you get from the supermarket or takeaway here, and they are all thin base pizzas :yum:

I had loads of pizza, although the choice of toppings was very limited for me as almost every pizza had ham on it.

but still had it like 4 times ...

but generally was shocked at how little variety there seemed to be in the places I stayed pizza, pasta, and that sandwich thing beginning with "P"

only once did I see beef on the menu and that was at McDonalds which was the only place opened at midnight on the first night and the chap didn't even ask us what drink we wanted just poured us all coke.

Milan was a nice place - Nando's would make a fortune there I reckon!!