Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time to clear out your make up bag?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=459597&in_page_id=1879

I read another article on the same research yesterday in the LondonPaper.

As a result I have chucked out a load of make up today! I'm always careful with mascara but I had eyeshadows in my make up bag that I never wear anymore that I've had since I was at school.

Comments

• Options
    haha read the comments at the bottom...
    Oh dear! Well, may I take this opportunity to wish my one and only lipstick a very happy 21st birthday!

- Sue Willoughby, Stratford upon Avon, UK

Lovely!
  • Options
    I think you end up with old make up of products you have lots of. I only ever have one foundation open so I use it until it runs out. But things that are a bit more interesting or exciting like lipsticks / lip glosses and eye shadows I tend to top up my collection and not chuck the old ones away (until today).

I think if she only had one lipstick open at a time it would get used up :yeees:
  • Options
    The oldest thing I have is eyeshadow 6 years, it's getting papped out as I really do never wear it.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I think if she only had one lipstick open at a time it would get used up :yeees:

only if she wears it :p
  • Options
    It doesn't sound like that lippy is going far either!!
  • Options
    Sounds gross, but I'm more prepared to take the risks (not with mascara though, I only have 1 now anyway). Never (yet) injured myself before applying makeup, I keep my brushes clean, but I only wear it to go out, and to go clubbing, so it wouldn't be used up quickly and I can no longer afford to spend lots on make up.
  • Options
    I had a big clear out of mine a few months ago, got rid of all the shite I really never use. I only have 1 mascara and foundation anyway, so they tend to get used but I have tons of eyeshadow. I use all of it though as I'm an eyeshadow kinda girl, so I don't mind that I don't chuck it out all the time. I've never had a problem so far.
  • Options
    they should make mascara bottles much smaller seeing as they recommend chucking thema fter 3-6 months.
  • Options
    at the moment, i've not really got money to go out and buy new make-up atm, but i've gone through my stuff, and i need new foundation...but it's so difficult to find something thats a good shade, and doesn't dry out my skin! but then the moisturising ones seem to just cake on my face...
  • Options
    ...but it's so difficult to find something thats a good shade, and doesn't dry out my skin! but then the moisturising ones seem to just cake on my face...
    hmm i have this problem. I have dry skin.

I moisturise with palmers cocoa butter morning and night. Stops me flaking away.

I use that rimmel recover foundation stuff. not too bad for drying my skin out.

Those mousse ones are so bad for drying out my skin i find. And they come off dead quick.
  • Options
    things like that never come in a pale enough shade for me though...:(
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    they should make mascara bottles much smaller seeing as they recommend chucking thema fter 3-6 months.

Yeah they should. It seems really wasteful to throw so much away.
  • Options
    mascara and eyeliner only last me 3-6 months anyway and I heard eyeshadow isn't that bad if it's older.
  • Options
    i don't see why pencil eyeliner would matter as surely when you sharpen it..?
  • Options
    i don't see why pencil eyeliner would matter as surely when you sharpen it..?
    Maybe it goes out of date?