Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Pregnancy scare

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thanks

gonna do another test tonite now i think or whenever i can next get one then book an appointment at the doctors ..
  • Options
    A friend of mine went nearly 2 months without a period, had god knows how many negative tests and in the end it was only picked up in a blood test.
  • Options
    I think I'll probably end up having some bitch of a period.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I think I'll probably end up having some bitch of a period.

well i got mine the other day, you can have that if you want? :crying:

and yes saz, i would go to the doctors for a test. you should really take the map after unprotected sex if you don't want to get pregnant.
  • Options
    i am in da same situation as these two, but its weird for me cos i had sex with my bf on the 20th march then had a period on the 24tth however i have not had one since i am on the pill and used a condom i have had two test and they were both negative i dont know what to do:crying: :crying: :crying:
  • Options
    lucky88 wrote: »
    i am in da same situation as these two, but its weird for me cos i had sex with my bf on the 20th march then had a period on the 24tth however i have not had one since i am on the pill and used a condom i have had two test and they were both negative i dont know what to do:crying: :crying: :crying:

Go to the doctor.

Lipsy... Hope it goes OK at the docs on Friday; hopefully you'll have come on before then though.
  • Options
    i did and she said just keep taking the pill she didn do no test or nuffink :confused: so now i am just very very confused n worried.
  • Options
    It could be anything though. There are loads of reasons besides being pregnant that can stop your periods for a bit.
  • Options
    i did and she said just keep taking the pill she didn do no test or nuffink :confused: so now i am just very very confused n worried.

What type of pill are you on chicken?

If you're not happy, go back and ask for a test, or see another doctor if you can. :)
  • Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    Something to bare in mind apparently pregnancy tests are more accurate first thing in the morning, so you might want to wait until tomorrow to test :)

This due to your urine being more concentrated in the morning and the are more likely to get an accurate reading. Its not unhead of to have a false negative if you do the test in the afternoon/evening.

If anyone is unsure weather they are pregnant or not, it really is a good idea to go to the doctors.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    What type of pill are you on chicken?

If you're not happy, go back and ask for a test, or see another doctor if you can. :)

umm its called norethisterone
  • Options
    umm its called norethisterone

As far as I'm aware Norethisterone is not what you'd refer to as 'the pill'. It can prevent periods happening. It isn't a form of contraception though I don't think, because it doesn't stop ovulation.
    (I'm not 100% sure about the above... but if you still have the leaflet from the packet then take a look at it and see what it says).

Were you put on it because you have bad periods?

Maybe it'd be worth having a visit to the doctor again and discussing it with her... you might want to start taking a combined pill instead.
  • Options
    Are you sure it's Norethisterone? It's a hormonal medication, but it's not a contraceptive pill.
    Patient UK wrote:
    Norethisterone does not stop ovulation. If you need contraception you should discuss this with your doctor who may suggest a combined oral contraceptive pill.
  • Options
    Are you sure it's Norethisterone? It's a hormonal medication, but it's not a contraceptive pill.

on the leaflet and box is says Micronor oral contraceptive the on the little sticks the doctors put on the box it says Norethisterone
  • Options
    thank u hun.:)
  • Options
    Micronor. http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100001655.html

Noresitherone in itself at a standard dose isn't usually a contraceptive, but as Micronor because of the dose it is.

The key thing here is Micronor is a mini pill, aka progesterone only pill (POP). You should be taking this one continually, so not having any breaks between the packets and taking it at exactly the same time every day (or within 3 hours) otherwise it doesn't work.

The mini pill often causes periods to stop, it's a fairly common side effect.

You should read the info inside the packet and if you still don't understand what the tablets you are taking do to your body and how they may affect it go back to whoever prescribed it, or a family planning clinic and get it explained.
  • Options
    I'd just do another test to be sure, I did a test and it was negative, think I did it on the day I was due, but then I did another one the following week and it came back positive!
  • Options
    did another test 2day it was negative, got it done at the walk in centre bcos i would have had to wait two weeks for an appointment the nurse (male) was really resurring he was saying the as i am on the pill n my bf used a condom and i have done three test all negative he can reasure me that i aint pregnant and just advise me to wait until my next date when i am due a period and if i dont get one i should go to the doctors,
  • Options
    Like I said earlier, you may well not get periods on this pill.
  • Options
    how did the doctors go?
  • Options
    how did the doctors go?

Well because I've taken 2 tests and they're both negative I have to go back on Tuesday for a blood test. But she says it can happen where u miss a period then the next month you come on like normal.
  • Options
    I've been feeling nauseous on and off, quite headachey, gassy, crampy. but they could just be coincidence couldn't they. my boobs aren't sore and I'm no more tired than usual. And I don't think I have a funny taste in my mouth! And 2 negative tests. so ya know, probably not am I. Just a very late period..
  • Options
    lipsy was you on any form on contraception?
  • Options
    if you read her posts you'll notice that yes, she was. :)

try not to worry, being anxious about it is probably making you feel nauseous and the weather is maybe making you headachey. :)
  • Options
    I know this is a bit late but hey.

I'm on the pill and whenever I've missed a period, its because I'm either really run down or stressed/anxious about something. Not having a period just makes things worse and it just doesn't end up coming at all.

Also, you start to convince yourself you have all the symptoms of a pregnancy when you may have just had them normally if that makes any sense.

Hope everything works out ok for you anyway hun :)
  • Options
    Yeah I'm probably not preggers... I was very upset and stressed about soemthing that someone did to me for a while so maybe thats stopped it.
  • Options
    Well.. my period never came but I got my blood test results back today and the receptionist said "your HCG levels are normal, whatever that means" so I presume that means I'm not pregnant. so that's good :) I just hope it bothers to turn up this month - the cheek of it! :p
  • Options
    :) :thumb:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Well.. my period never came but I got my blood test results back today and the receptionist said "your HCG levels are normal, whatever that means" so I presume that means I'm not pregnant. so that's good :) I just hope it bothers to turn up this month - the cheek of it! :p

That's good news. You must be relieved. :) Hope it turns up next time!
  • Options
    helpful receptionist!