Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

need help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was sexually assaulted a few months back and was unable to recall the event. I have been suffering syptoms of truma such as flashbacks and nightmares... another problem is that i have become really paranoid and coming up with false memoies... at one point I thouht the person's family knew triads and were going to gange rape me and my family if I told the police.. I dont think that any more but im paranoid about other things now.... when i see the people involved aroud college, I go into a state of mind similar to sleep walking.. I can have whole conversations and aruments with people and only have a dream-type memory of it.... now im worried that they have done it again and because of my state of mind everyoune thought I was going along with having group sex with them, and that they have put it on the internet and now im internet famous and my life is ruined :nervous: I do realise this is a rediculous thing to think but I cant stop worrying if its true... I think I remeber people at college calling me whore and "AV girl" and makeing obscene guestures- thinking I knowingly participated in group sex with them..... Ive lost all grip on what is highly unlikley or not. I know im coming across as a complete nutter writing this...
Does anyone know if this is another symptom of trauma?

Comments

• Options
    Best place to get help is through your doctor. They can refer you to talk to a counsellor or arrange any other help you might need.
  • Options
    yea ive done that, im seeing a private psychologist but Ive got to wait untill friday.
  • Options
    yea ive done that, im seeing a private psychologist but Ive got to wait untill friday.

Waitings though I know... but that's all you can do for now. Just hang in there. :)