Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lungs ill smoking bleurgh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so I have finally realised that my lungs cannot handle me smoking and my bodys a bit fucked. I've just got ill literally my throat felt a bit tickly yday morning by last night I could barely move or breathe my temp was sky high. I've taken some antibiotics I had some Ciprofloxacin left over from when I had tonsilitis a few montns ago. I've had lemsips, cough medicines, lozenges, and its not really helping. The bugger is i'm driving 3 hours on monday and then i'm going on holiday on tuesday. Is there anything I can do to speed up my recovery? i'm not smoking or drinking and have had multivitamins and fruit and stuff like that.

Edited to add its spread to my sinuses also which I'm getting drained on the 13th but I'm I gonna have a problem on the plane...I remember last time I thought my head was going to explode.

Comments

• Options
    drink lots of water & get plenty of sleep.
    Maybe get some multivitimins to take, if your body is getting everything it needs you will recover much faster
  • Options
    Echinecea is quite good for colds I have it in tea form from Fenwick for about 98p for about 8 bags but you can get it in tablet ffrom health food shops aswell as the tea I believe.
  • Options
    Cheers guys :D
  • Options
    do not take the ciprofloxacin. it will do nothing for you because you have to take a course of antibiotics to clear an infection,which if i remember rightly for ciproflox it is 1 twice a day for 7 days, but that can vary on what it is being used for.(You shouldnt even have any left from abefore because you should have completed the course)

the Lemsips have paracetamol and phenylephrine in it which is a decongestant. But, i would layoff them and get yourself some Sudafed. You can buy these off the shelves with added pain relief, but the best one to get is from a pharmacy, behind the counter, its got just psuedoephedrine in it which is a stronger decongestant than in the Lemsips.(i think you can also buy it with ibuprofen in it(Sudafed Max)
    A cough syrup will help get rid of a chesty cough quicker than without.
    And menthol/eucalyptus/olbas/vicks will help your sinuses also.

And if you're coughing up yellow/green phlegm then you'll need to see your gp.
  • Options
    i think some nice fresh air maybe? I think your lungs will appreciate it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice I've laid off the lemsips and had some sudafed capsules drank lots of water etc. it still feels like someone is sittin on my chest and the phelgm is yellow so if i feel no better its walk in centre in the morning.