Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How often do you date?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all...

I haven't posted here for eons and an age. I come on every so often to have a read, but fancied some good conversation :)

So anyway, back on topic.

I was sitting at home the other day, thinking "I really want a cuddle." Now, this is normal, I understand, but I felt like a bit of a freak for wanting a cuddle, more than I wanted to shag the life out of someone.

I've been single now for two years. I haven't had a long term relationship since my last. It seems that a lot of my friends, are constantly meeting people...and having relationships, albeit, not very long ones.

I was just wondering, are you a serial dater? Or do you tend to wait around for someone whos worth it?

I totally see the upside to dating lots of different people, but I don't seem to be able to MEET anyone that I'd like to go for it with.

Now I'm not unattractive, nor do I have an awful personality, but girls who have the IQ of a gnat, and the conversational skills of a wet lettuce seem to get a lot of action. I don't get it. Short of them having a diamond encrusted minge that does handstands and the blokes washing, I don't understand it.

Do you prefer to meet someone you think is special, or do you make a move with every person you kinda like the look of and see what happens?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some who I think is special. I've never been one for serial dating/shagging. I've only dated two guys my whole life, one was my ex and the other one was very short lived.

I know what you mean about the "Babie dolls" getting all the action. Pity most of them lack any personality.
    The Barbies don't worry me much, cos I know they're just airheads with gaping fannies.

I prefer to not catch crabs from the last thing that buys me a Long Island Ice Tea.
    Someone special. I would never been one to go out with someone just for the sake of it - it would have to be someone that I really like.
    :chin:
    The Barbies don't worry me much, cos I know they're just airheads with gaping fannies.
    :lol:
    lipsy wrote: »
    :chin:

I detect a slightly gaped fanny.
    Never ever really done the chase or been chased compared to a lot of people, cause the relationships with the people I've loved most have just happened and they've been great.

Shagging and pulling is all fine, but it's never really translated into meaningful relationships, and it's something that I've got quite bored of now. Getting off my face with somebody, them spending the next few days at mine and learning everything about each others bodily functions (repeat every other weekend ad nauseum) isn't my cup of tea at all either nowadays.

Dating is quite contrived IMO. I always like to just hang fire, I never go out to pull, I don't try and pull people in work, and when I'm around new people I just be myself and things happen, the people who want to be around me will naturally be around me (and vice versa) and things happen from there.

It's really nice when you meet a special person randomly, I always think it's what love is all about, like a big Hugh Grant film when things just happen and it's all just nice and lovely. Dates can play a part in it too of course, but I know that one really special person who you like lotsandlotsandlots is more worthwhile than being in and out of love/lust every five minutes, y'know?
    I detect a slightly gaped fanny.

Why don't you concentrate on your own fanny and you might even get some action :thumb:
    ladies!
    lipsy wrote: »
    Why don't you concentrate on your own fanny and you might even get some action :thumb:

I think my fanny is beyond help. Concentration won't do it.
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    It's really nice when you meet a special person randomly, I always think it's what love is all about, like a big Hugh Grant film when things just happen and it's all just nice and lovely. Dates can play a part in it too of course, but I know that one really special person who you like lotsandlotsandlots is more worthwhile than being in and out of love/lust every five minutes, y'know?

Absolutely. Although I've never quite been struck like a Hugh Grant film. My love life usually tends to depict Nightmare on Elm Street than Notting Hill.

And dates, oh my god dates. Dinner dates. URGH. Nerves take over. I clench everything. Mind you, its the most tonage my bum cheeks ever get!
    ladies!

I meant it in a totally non-derogatory way!!

Its good to have a slightly gaping fanny. Rather that than a sewedshutwithchickenwire one.
    I wouldn't go on a date with someone my friends had set me up with. I usually meet my boyfriends through work/uni or somewhere, after knowing them a while.

I've been single for a year andf a half though and I swear, it's the warm weather making me feel all romantic and stuff. Bah.
    Dates? Haha I wouldn't know how to go about looking for one, all the girls I end up with are just randomers from pubs and clubs or my girl mates or their mates. Put it this way, I don't organise these things.

I enjoy singledom too much to be fucking about with candle-lit dinners and shit anyway.
    I have taken quite a few women out on dates. I only ever took one out for dinner. The atmosphere around us wasn't romantic, but the date certainly was! I far prefer to take a woman out bowling, mainly so I can have a good look at her every time she bends over. ;) They've all enjoyed it, so it's a method I've used several times.
    I've been out with 3 different lads in the space of a year from brekaing up with my ex. Only one was with a fancy posh meal in town, but I don't 'do' dinner dates. I hate eating infront of a bloke. I always eat for aaaaaaaages to make sure I don't choke and they usually end up eating the rest of mine as I'm so self conscious, ha.

Just go to the pub before a gig, or a comedy club or something. Stuff going out for a meal, save that for your mates where the chat'll be constant and less of a strain to impress etc.

Oh, and there is NO shame to put a few notches on your bedpost too. You do have loins at the end of the day, and a good headbanging against a headboard doesn't hurt. Means you have fannytastic techniques for whenever you do settle down.

Also, there's NO point in actively looking for someone. Sod's law will prevent you from getting someone espesh if you're on the prowl. Let it come to you, I guess. Or if you want to, make the first move - ask someone out. Personally I can't really be arsed, but if I like someone I'll let them know.
    1983 wrote: »
    Oh, and there is NO shame to put a few notches on your bedpost too. You do have loins at the end of the day, and a good headbanging against a headboard doesn't hurt.
    Unless the sex was especially energetic, of course!
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Unless the sex was especially energetic, of course!

Goes without saying, mate!
    I think i've only been on a handful of dates my entire life, all at uni. Half the time , at the time, i wasn't even sure if they were dates. Sometimes things happen and you know they are though. Been bloody ages now, not a single one since i've been on the prowel. Any girls i've met get boyfriends shortly after. :grump:

When i have been on "dates" its just drinks in a pub, or in the case of one, getting wrecked on snakebite.
    I'm rarely single, but don't have many particularly short relationships either. I generally go out with people for about 2 years and then within the month meet the next person and the cycle starts again. I always say I'll try and be single but it doesn't happen.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Dates? Haha I wouldn't know how to go about looking for one, all the girls I end up with are just randomers from pubs and clubs or my girl mates or their mates. Put it this way, I don't organise these things.

I enjoy singledom too much to be fucking about with candle-lit dinners and shit anyway.

Here, here.

Although it is quite nice to have someone who's always there for you from time to time, but I definately know what you mean.
    I go on dates quite often and I think its fun. I never do the dinner thing - its way too formal! Just go out for drinks and have a laugh. Sometimes after one date I'll decide I don't want to see them again but sometimes I'll see them for a while. I always consider myself single too, enabling me to meet other people if I want. Its a win-win.
    I love going on dates, but I tend to go on a few dates with someone and then end up in a relationship with them. Not really a serial dater in that sense.

I think the Americans have it right (or at least how it looks on Sex and the city, don't know if it's really like that), going on dates with different people, enjoying their company.

I agree that it's hard to find people to go out on dates with in the first place, the only ones I have, are ones I have met out, and one off the internet. But a lot of the guys you meet out are not interested in going out on a date with anyone, they just want one thing. I'd suggest going to classier joints with older guys, they are more likely to know how to treat a woman and realise that dating is a good way of getting to know if you click with someone.
    I'm a serial dater but by no means of choice.
    I really want to settle down and have a proper relationship with a guy i really like and who likes me back but i seem to end up commiting and ending relationships every 5 minutes, i go for the wrong type of guys who are only after one think whilst rejecting those who want more from me for some unknown reason whilst still searching for 'the one' - i guess in some way its a kind of desperation
    Lol i don't date. Hardly ever infact, and haven't done properly in maybe 5 or 6 years?
    Lacy wrote: »
    Lol i don't date. Hardly ever infact, and haven't done properly in maybe 5 or 6 years?

Lol You just suck and fuck straight away.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Lol You just suck and fuck straight away.
    Makes for an interesting date, at least.
    I date. Dating is fun.
    I've been on a couple recently, because I've been single since last July and its starting to really suck.
    The feelings after have never been mutual, unfortunately.

To be honest I always feel worse about myself after a failed date. They don't do much for a girl's self-esteem/optimism.

Right now somethings brewing between myself and a guy I've been mates with for almost a year now. If we do get together, it'll prolly work better and longer than with anyone I've just met.
    FilthyChav wrote: »
    To be honest I always feel worse about myself after a failed date. They don't do much for a girl's self-esteem/optimism.
    I suspect myself that women go into a date with much higher expectations than us men. I tend to go into it, thinking "I hope this is a good night, and if anything comes of it, all the better". Women think that a failed date suggests there's something wrong with them. Nonsense. It just meant the chemistry just wasn't there...

*gets dubious looks from several women*
    Okay, okay, I admit the real reason for dates not working out is because the guy chose a crap destination or activity. I should bloody know. :p