Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Clearly people never learn

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Around 2 weeks ago a 60 year old woman crossing at traffic lights was hit by a car, she later died because of her injury's.

I walked passed that scene after she'd been taken away, saw the car driver sitting in the front seat of an unmarked police car, looking like they were having a fit, obviously the shock had set in.

Today i walked passed the same spot. Two signs up with words to the effect of " There was a fatal accident here if you saw anything call this number ". I looked at that sign and the first thing i thought was, It's funny, that sign is there but how long will it be till it happens again. I didnt have to wait long. right after i walked passed it i heard a a thud and a women scream.

I turned round instantly, right after she'd been hit, right their and then i got the impression she had just walked out and right now still feel that way. If it's reported tomorrow and my opinion is wrong fair do's but ..

Do people NEVER learn !?

I have never before realised just how much people do not value their own lives.

Anyone watch Traffic Cops on bbc 1 the other night ? The girl pushing a baby who by all accounts given " just walked right out without looking " and was hit by a car, baby in buggy too though the baby was fine.

What a world we live in eh.

Comments

• Options
    some pedestrians are scarily stupid

in saying that so are some drivers

no solution there really.. well i suppose we could just shoot anyone whos stupid :D
  • Options
    People at times are just too wrapped up in their own world to pay proper attention, and to be honest with the amount of signs, markings and lights about the place it's easy to become overloaded and just ignore them all. Anyone live in an area where they tried that system of no lights, markings etc and people had to navigate around the area by actually paying attention? apparently it works quite well...

Of course there will always be the idiots who no matter what will be stupid.
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    well i suppose we could just shoot anyone whos stupid :D

Right up against the wall then fella, you're first. :thumb:
  • Options
    red88 wrote: »
    Anyone live in an area where they tried that system of no lights, markings etc and people had to navigate around the area by actually paying attention? apparently it works quite well...

Apparently. Some people are stupid. They seem to have the attitude that they can walk out onto a zebra crossing without looking, for example, and if they get hit it won't be their fault because they have right of way. Oh well, stupid people will get killed then, won't they?

And yes, apparently doing away with all these things in town centres results in everyone actually taking a bit of personal responsibility and looking out for themselves, rather than relying on the road markings to do it for them.
  • Options
    It's called natural selection.
  • Options
    She was probably too busy reading the sign appealing for witnesses and not watching the road.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »

:lol:
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »

:lol:
    Right up against the wall then fella, you're first. :thumb:

ill drive down to newry just to scrub you if you don't watch it :D
  • Options
    Apparently. Some people are stupid. They seem to have the attitude that they can walk out onto a zebra crossing without looking, for example, and if they get hit it won't be their fault because they have right of way. Oh well, stupid people will get killed then, won't they?

I do look but will walk out if a cars coming (not if it's going to hit me in a second) because so many arses don't seem to realise that you actually have to stop for pedestrians. End up waiting for ages!

Worst ones are the ones who start going whilst you're on it and then wave their hands up in the air cos you haven't ran across. Road rage is a killer! I've had to jump before when I was on the crossing and a car just blatantly showed no interest whatsoever in braking. If I'd have tripped I'd be in hospital no question. :grump: