Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

control knickers!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey guys,
i'm going shopping for some control knickers tomos, as i'm wearing a pretty sheer dress in the eve and want to look a bit more firm (it's too late for a tummy tuck! hehe!)
can anyone recommend any good ones? general prices? and any which are rubbish?!
I'm going shopping in manchester so i've got plenty of choice as far as shops go...
thanks! xxx

Comments

• Options
    I was walking through M&S at Bluewater on saturday and they had loads of control pants and smoothline stuff there. No idea on price though lovey.
  • Options
    M&S have a huge range of them, ranging from proper granny ones to younger style ones.
    Worth a look.
  • Options
    you can get spanx they are quite good and about £17

but the ones of how to look good naked are far better, but i can't remember what make they are...

or try a waist cincher (sp?)
  • Options
    And i've always blamed the beer goggles and used it as an example as to why i should never drink again.

How many guys have pulled a stunning looking lass took her home, and the next morning she's been a right monster and blamed it on the beer?!

Turns out its because of inches of make up, industrial strength push up bras, and now "Control pants"?

You're real life transformers changing from these shapeless beings into these pert, firm curvey examples of beauty!
  • Options
    I hardly think shes wearing them to pull and go and shag a guy.
    Its just to give a bit of extra confidence with a clingy dress.

Underwear IS foundation garments. Its meant to make clothes look better. Whether your bra is undustrial strength push up, or evn some light control one, its still to make breasts look different to how they look naturally.
    I dont see the big deal.
  • Options
    ^^^ :yes: Quite.

I'm involved in a long-term loving relationship with my sucker-inners. They're practically vintage now and - I'm not sure if new-fangled ones are the same - were more like knickers with a petticoat type thing. But not sticking out. Oh, it's hard to explain but they are truly fabulous. Even more important these days.

Anyway, it's not as if they have the magical ability to turn an enormous heifer into Keira Knightley. There's no deceit really, we all make the most of what we've got. Plus it generally really IS beer goggles more than anything else. They just give a smoother contour and are invaluable when worn under flimsy, floaty, clingy fabrics.

I have had the misfortune of pulling when wearing them and being too shitfaced to remember to nip to the loo and get 'em off. When I did remember to take them off I always felt they were thinking I was a reet tart going out on the pull without any keks. Class act :thumb:

Oh and to actually be relevant, I'd have to agree with the M&S concensus. They've got it all, underwear-wise.
  • Options
    I hardly think shes wearing them to pull and go and shag a guy.
    Its just to give a bit of extra confidence with a clingy dress.

Yeah sorry I didn't mean to suggest that was her intention i wasn't under that impression to be honest.
    :)
  • Options
    teehee! all the responses to that made me chuckle!! i'll give m & s a try then, and let you know how i get on!!

and no mr orange, i'm not wearing them just to go out and get laid! :p
  • Options
    I have some good control pants..I really can't remember the brand but they are a famous brand, and I got a pack of 2 from Matalan for £10, they hold the stomach in and lift the bum, I always wear them when I am wearing a dress.
  • Options
    I got mine from Evans when I used to work there. I might have a pair from M&S as well. Just have a good look round M&S, they have nearly everything underwear wise nowdays.
  • Options
    I saw some in primark t'other day for £4 or £5.
  • Options
    i cud really do with some of those. because it just makes it all smoother doesnt it? Do they do them in like size 8-10?
  • Options
    I would think so.

Just checked online and M&S do their "light control" knickers in a size 8, which is probably all youd want for a size 8-10