Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

household weekley shopping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
probably been done before but just wondered where everyone does their weekley food shop and how much roughly spent.

as a household of four we normally do our main shop at Sainsbury's - about £150 a week and we spend about £70 a week at M&S throughout the week. Oh, plus that buys food for 2 greedy doggies.

Just being nosey!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    House of three proabably £60 a week main shop from Tescos and then another £20-30 in the week for fresh stuff.
    More than I'd like at the moment because I live at uni during the week and my boyfriend's from Thursday - Monday so I end up buying things twice over. Still, only4 more weeks of that and we'll both be living in the same place.
    £30-40 a week for 2 adults plus cat food/litter. Get as much as possible at the local market and just use supermarkets for bits and bobs.

I wish I could spend that little. When I lived on my own for a bit I was spending about £70 a week.
    Probably about £70-£80 at Tescos, then probably £1-20 at Sainsbrusy. But it does depend because my parents do have a habit of buying loads of crap that's on special offer.
    I spend about £40 a week + alcohol.
    My mum spends about £120 a week and thats for a family of four (or five when my brothers here). I spend about £20 pw on top of that, and she'll go shopping mid week so probably about £150 in total. Oh and thats in Sainsburys or Waitrose.
    shadow wrote: »
    The thing is i hate basic stuff and the shops own make i had sainsbury's own make pie once and it gave me stomach ache five times. So i asked my mum if she would get birds eye which i love and since she has been getting birds eye i dont get stomach aches. I think thats why my mum spends a little more iv got expensive taste.

I've never found there to be much differenc between most named brands and shop's own brands.
    Not sure, but I'm better than I used to be and I'd be even better if we had more freezer space.

I'm in a nice little routine with the Clubcard and vouchers nowadays, and I'm on subsidised meals at work. I should really do one big weekly shop rather than pop in to Tesco most nights to get something for my tea or spend 6 quid ordering everything from Tesco.com.
    im living at my brothers house with him, his girlfriend and myself, he does all the shoping but i think he spends about 160-180 a week, incudding beer :-)
    We spend anywhere between £40 and £60 every 10 days in Tesco, which is food and wine for 2, plus two kitty cats. But we do have expensive taste :) And my boyfriend is a piggle, so he eats rather a lot.
    at uni i'd feed myself from monday-friday ish on around £15. i would like to have been able to spend more and buy more meat and vary my meals a bit but i was on a budget. at home, i'm not sure.. not too much but enough for my mum i think!

and £150 and then an extra £70 is ludicrous.
    I have an organic delivery which is about £20 and usually spend another £40 maybe at the supermarket.

Thats for the four of us, although the youngest obviously doesnt eat any of that yet.
    Theres four people in my house and my mum spends about £70 a week at asda, and then maybe a tenner throughout the week on bits and bobs like bread and milk.

£150 and £70 sounds A LOT! but i suppose M&S is expensive...their food is really nice but i couldnt afford to shop there for a full shop. just buy nice things every now and then.
    I'm disorganised and don't have a car so don't do a weekly shop. I used to, but I found food went off and I had to throw it away.

I pop into the supermarket as and when I need things. Not sure how much I spend per week. No idea.
    Blimey I spend about £30 a week for the two of us - but then we do eat out a lot and the husband buys wine separately.

however I've also been known to spend about £90 on a dinner party for one night....
    When I was at uni groceries would come to around £15 - £20 I think. Most expensive bit was the sauces to cook spag bol and stuff (if I bought tomatoes and stuff then either I'd make far too much sauce or they'd go rotten). On top of that I budgeted a flexible £30 for travel, going out, drinks, clubs, etc. but I would normally spend less than that. Except whenI did go home, the return ticket is £30 I think
    We go shopping every 2 weeks and spend about £60, and thats for two of us. I spend the most money on juice cartons and stuff seeing as we seem to get through them at super speeds, we could get away with spending less seeing as the only meal we eat at home is dinner and tend to go out/take away once a week on top of that
    I spend about $20 a month :p (liquer not included) I really only buy for myself too. I only go to the store on like the last day of a cereal sale, then end up with the saddest looking cart with 7 boxes of cereal, a bottle of vodka and yogurts. The man probably spends the same amount when he goes, he'll usually pick up one or two things like salmon and marinade (such as his last purchase) or just something that he feels like having for dinner that night, but then its all evened out with the occasional $200+ purchaes of omaha steaks, but I don' like to eat that that often so that lasts over half a year. We're very cheap at home eaters ;)
    including baba stuff, max of £50 a week inc bits and bobs (fresh milk/bread etc)
    Five of us now, I can shop for £90 per week...
    Me, the missus and a 2 year old.

We spend around £50-60 per week all in. I do the bulk of the shop at Tesco's as I'm saving my Clubcard vouchers for a holiday, and I may top up the milk at the corner shop during the week.

I also do one big shop each pay day which involves a month worth of nappies, wet wipes, toilet roll, washing liquid, washing tablets, all that shit basically.

I am a bodybuilder as well so I eat a fair amount especially when bulking. Which reminds me on top of real food I spend approx £15 per month max. on protein powder.

I agree though £150 and another £70 is a complete waste, surely there is a lot of waste or a lot of fat people in your house? no offense..
    I spend about £15 a week :)
    I don't know what my housemates spend, occasionly we will all chip in for toilet roll, washing powder etc.

In terms of food i spent £21.33 the other day and that should last me at least 2 weeks.
    I spend about £35 to £40 a week on our grocery shopping (thats for me, my 8yr old and 2 cats)and I generally go to Asda or Tesco. Quite liking Lidls at the moment though. I could get it down to less if I made myself use up stuff in the freezer and the tins and jars I always have in the cupboard. If I spend anything more than £40 I find myself chucking a lot in the recycling bin.
    We don't do a weekly shop. Just one big one a month then little ones when we need it. Our fridge is usually pretty bare though. I'm shocked when my friends go on a huge food shop every week and always have a full fridge when i'm there. The only time we have a full fridge is at xmas!
    About £100 a month for 2 people at Morrisons plus bit extra for meat and veg from the local grocers. Hate Tescos, we had to go for a while because the road linking our house and Morros was closed. Too expensive, not enough range.