Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
spilled...a..little...oj..on.my.computer.and.now.the.space.bar.wont.work.can.i.do.anything.or.is.itdone.in........did.it.this.morning.what.a.dooffus!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    either use the on screen keyboard (found under start > programs > accessories > accessibility ) or buy a new keyboard (they're cheap if it's a desktop pc)

Chances are the keyboard will fix itself though, has it had time to completely dry out? if so, then it's probably knackered.
    keyboards are really cheap, microsoft make really good ones, you might as well just get a new one.

but, i've heard people talk about cleaning stuff with rubbing alcohol, maybe that will help. i think i heard someone say something about putting a KB in the washing machine :confused: if you do get it wet again don't use it until it's completely dry - maybe 48 hours.

here's some links -
    http://lifehacker.com/software/keyboard/how-to-clean-your-keyboard-241911.php
    http://del.icio.us/search/?fr=del_icio_us&p=clean+keyboard&type=all
    its.a.lap.top.worked,earlier,and,not.now.it.was.the.tiniest.spill
    You should be able to pull the keyboard section out and clean up underneath it. Chances are in a couple of days it will sort itself out as it dries out. In the mean time you could either use the on screen keyboard or if you have a desktop keyboard lying around plug that into ya laptop. Although sometimes keeping trying to use it helps it dry out and lose the stickiness. I poured malibu and coke over my laptop not long ago and it's fine. Took about a week to properly sort itself but no problem now.
    Kazbo wrote: »
    You should be able to pull the keyboard section out and clean up underneath it. Chances are in a couple of days it will sort itself out as it dries out. In the mean time you could either use the on screen keyboard or if you have a desktop keyboard lying around plug that into ya laptop. Although sometimes keeping trying to use it helps it dry out and lose the stickiness. I poured malibu and coke over my laptop not long ago and it's fine. Took about a week to properly sort itself but no problem now.

cool got the on screen keyboard working thanks.didnt realise if worst happens i can plug in a keyboard so thats good !