Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

looking after fish

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Littleali wrote: »
    woudnt recommend a marine tank if ur a beginner though dob

I'm not- I kept coldwater fish (fantails, moors, orandas etc) for years until I got whitespot in the water and all bar one died. It looked a bit sad having one White Cloud Mountain Minnow swimming about in a massive tank by himself, so he was rehomed and the tank has been empty since :crying:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Awww poor lil fishy!

Marines are pretty easy to keep if you have the cash and know some of what you're doing. As long as you know the ammonia cycle, importance of flow, and correct stocking levels then you'd be fine. I set my tank up a while ago (when I actually had money :rolleyes: hehe) and wish I'd gone bigger when I could have afforded it. I'm just upgrading to a spare 120L tank I have, but just adding some extra rock is gonna be a save up for weeks job hehe. Or you could go down the route of some people's fish tanks I maintain and look after .... just pay somebody else to do it! One guy, knows NOTHING but has a nice 150L marine tank. But pays me to make it look pretty... he just doesn't want to know about it.

Whitespot is evil though :( I had one clown synodontis catfish which as a baby got whitespot every time you did anything to the tank. Poor lil girly. She's huge now though, and moved house and tank without even batting a fishy eyelid :)