Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I am bulimic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am feeling so embarassed and ashamed - my parents have found out about my vomiting and they confronted me this morning. They were really understanding and my mum was crying herself. I just feel so awful that i have to put them through this. I am going to get help and put this awful disease behind me. I just hate feeling like this - i can't even look my mum in the eye. Ashamed...ashamed...ashamed...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well you're seeking help and that's only a positive thing, I'm sure your mother would rather you try and get help than hiding it. Good luck. :thumb:
    Try not to feel ashamed- that is just internalising more emotional problems. If you feel that the balance in your house is skewed because you are needing/getting emotional support from your parents to get help and support with bulimia, perhaps you could try to redress the scales by helping your parents out in some small extra ways. I don't know much about it, but that might make you feel less 'guilty' for needing them so much. Your parents love you so they WANT to help you, whatever it's about, so you don't need to feel guilty about that. Stay positive. And, as with most problems, the first step is admitting you have a problem, and for that- you are very brave.

HUGS
    lozridge wrote: »
    I am going to get help and put this awful disease behind me.

good luck with that.
    I hope you can start beating this. It'll be hard but dont give in to it.