Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

breaking license laws

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i work in a family club the license they have permits the sale of alcohol up until 11.30 on a sat night yet the committee want us to serve till at least half 12 and even later if the committee themselves want a drink can they do this?

Comments

• Options
    No it's illegal. Unless (I think) the drinks are being given away. Not that anyone will bother though.
  • Options
    the license they have permits the sale of alcohol up until 11.30 on a sat night

there is your answer.
  • Options
    The licence permits sales of alcohol up until 11.30pm. Therefore, any sales after that time would be illegal. In addition, a clear sign must be displayed showing what hours that premises is permitted to sell alcohol.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    In addition, a clear sign must be displayed showing what hours that premises is permitted to sell alcohol.

Since when? Surely that is mentioned on the licence you have to display? But anyway, we don't have one at work, because we have a 3 o'clock licence, but we always tell people it's only 12 o'clock to get rid of them.
  • Options
    Since when? Surely that is mentioned on the licence you have to display?
    That would be the sign I was referring to. :p
  • Options
    Surely that would be the license rather than a sign though! :p