Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

scratches on my car

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasn't sure where to put this, but it's probably going to cost me money so I thought I'd put it here!

I got my first car only last week, and it was mint. Really good condition. Until today :( When some white van driver going way too fast forced me up against the hedge on a country lane. So I now have scratches all down the length of my car on the one side :mad:

They're not really deep, but I'm so gutted because my car was perfect before I had to scratch it up. I know I'm probably over-reacting over some scratches, when I live in the countryside where the hedges are fierce, but is there any way to get rid of them? Without having to re-spray the car. It's silver by the way, if that's any help.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tried a bit of T-cut or anything? Or are they too noticable to remove that way?
    Sorry to hear about that.

There are companies that deal specifically with this sort of cosmetic damage. Some even work out of vans and so can come out to you to make the repairs. Results will be much better than trying to fix it yourself. It may cost a little bit - but the end result should be your car is 'mint' again.

Have a rummage through your yellow pages, yell.com, google etc.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    You can get touch up at Halfords. A Tcut may help as well.
    Weekender Offender 
    gah! bloody white van man!
    katralla wrote: »
    gah! bloody white van man!

Tell me about!
    Skive wrote: »
    You can get touch up at Halfords. A Tcut may help as well.

Halfords will do it? Will it be noticeable that it's been touched up though?

Yea I might try some T-cut, don't think that will get rid of them completely though.

Thanks guys.
    don't T-cut strip paint?

I saw my bosses old ford and he'd used T-Cut and there was no shine left to his car. Looked like clothes when they've been washed so often the colour has totally faded
    Take it you've tried giving it a good clean. A lot of hedge marks actually come off.
    Take it you've tried giving it a good clean. A lot of hedge marks actually come off.

Yea on the morning i made them, they looked really bad. Then we've had a couple of days of heavy rain and they're a bit fainter, but still noticeable. I might just try and polish them out, if not, I have a mate whose said he would help.
    The coloured wax which has paint in it is quite good for minor scratches

You just buy whichever one is the closest to your own car