Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i knew this would happen

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i got dumped because i am making him depressed because i keep getting upset about the sexual harassment at college, he strung me along with the 'i dont know' so i left and SH'd and im upset and he told me on the phone. My mum is sleeping on the floor in my room because she doesnt want to leave me alone. We were together seven months and I trusted him. We were intimate last night and this morning.

I was upset this afternoon because of a comment on his myspace from my friend and his friend that said about the cinema they are planning to go to:

- i saw 28 weeks later, and Fracture. ok well you pick a day/time, and im all yours!! ;) hehe xx -

when he said do you want to go? when i was upset at his i then said 'you're chucking me out because im upset about being sexually harassed at college?' and he said yes.

Comments

• Options
    Aw Rach, that's so shit. :( *hug*

What a wanker though, he should be supporting you through this, not dumping you.
  • Options
    thanks, there was never a hint, i know i said it before but i was paranoid. we were so happy last night and this morning and he told me he loved me. he has never been horrible to me before, my mum even thought one day we might settle down because we are so suited.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :( So sorry to hear this... Take care please, do your best to take care.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. Though as others have said he should have been supporting you through this and he obviously hasn't been - so in the long run its probably for the best. Sorry though that must have been so shitty
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    :( Really sorry to hear this babe, hope your OK. I'm here if you wanna chat, even about Grimsby/Hull etc

:)
  • Options
    i deleted myspace, i just want to delete everything
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hey, listen:
    You've got a couple of twats in your life. This means nothing about YOU. Just do what you can to get rid of them and go on. If that one dumped you for that reason it's his loss, not yours.
  • Options
    Aw Rachael, that's totally shit. *HUGS* hopefully it will turn out to have been the better for you in the long run, but it's still shit when you needed his support. It's good your mum is looking out for you.

Take care

x
  • Options
    It's 300% his loss darling, really. Hard for me to talk in anything other than cliches, but you're a stronger person that you give yourself credit for.

You know where I am, if you need to get stuff off your chest or even if it's just for a laugh about how you got lost on the London Underground, ok? xx
  • Options
    Ah Rach! I'm sorry kiddo, but I would rather it was only 7 months down the line where he ran out on you than longer - it would hurt more.

Best you know his true colours so you can focus on someone worthwhile. I'm sorry it had to happen like this, because you don't at all appear to deserve it but if you do want a gab, PM me.

:heart:
  • Options
    Basically what everyone else said. It'll feel shitter than shit now, but you deserve so much better.

x
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Rach, I'm so so sorry to hear this. The cowardly behaviour that some people display never ceases to amaze me and I expect that this guy will completely regret this further down the line. Be sure to reach out to people who make you feel good about yourself - you're a fab person and as Kaff says deserve so much better xx.
  • Options
    sounds like he's shown his true colours and you're better off without sooner rather than later. i know what it's like when you think for so long that someone is something then they do something and you really start to question what you originally thought. chin up. xxx
  • Options
    From what I read here, my conclusion is your boyfriend's conduct defies all sense. I've not seen anything this bizarre in ages. I don't know all the details about this sexual harrassment claim, although I have heard about it. Whilst I realise this must have put your relationship under strain, I remain unconvinced that this was the only issue that led to this break up. Either way, I suspect that there's more to come out yet.

And whatever you do, don't get intimate with him again. Not whilst all this is going on. It'll do none of you any favours.
  • Options
    *hugs* :( though one day you might look back on all this and realize your better off without him...
  • Options
    I'm sorry Rach, I wish I could give you a big hug. I hope you're getting them from someone. Mum-hugs are always a great tonic.

This feels like a familiar situation to me, and I think any break up is made a helluva lot worse when it comes out of nowhere and you've been doing all the love-talk and being intimate just beforehand. He's a scumbag for doing those things in full-knowledge that he was contemplating a break-up. Use that scumminess as fuel for your healing process, if it helps. If not, remember that I'm sure his feelings for you are still there and he found it hard to resist being in "normal" relationship mode despite his thoughts. It doesn't make it right but it's a bit more understanable. I know that all those things happening just before the axe falls makes everything in the relationship seem false somehow, and makes you feel blindsided. It really hurts, you're going to be ok.

I think he's a selfish pig for doing that to you, but that's by-the-by.

With regard to the reasons he gave you, well unfortunately you can't change the way anyone else feels or how much they're able to cope with and support their partner - only they can do that. So if he decides he doesn't want to/can't go on with the relationship for whatever reason, then that really is it. It's so much easier said than done but I know from experience that the best thing is to accept it and walk away with your head held high because you definitely know (or should know) that it wasn't anything YOU did wrong. OK, I know you probably feel like you've done wrong at this point, and your head is flooded by the fact that he's always been a lovely guy. But not quite lovely enough, really. It's very early days in a breakup, I'm pretty sure this won't be the last you'll hear from him unless you decide you'd prefer it that way.

Remember that this isn't the end of the world. You may feel that way but, trust me, it isn't and despite what you think you are strong enough to deal with this. You more than likely feel he's special and everything was so good... and that there's just a mental barrier he needs to get through... or that you just need to not rely on him so much. But, sweetheart, his actions speak way louder than his words, and relationships hinge on being able to lean on one another for the most trivial and most serious of things. The bottom line seems to be that he's not able to do that. I doubt you take much comfort in the fact that it's better happening at 7 months than at the 3 year mark, but it is.

Dont put yourself through more confusion, try not to dissect it (this is impossible, I know!) and try not to read between the lines of what has happened in the past because you may be vastly misinterpreting things.

I - and so many others - know that this period is utter misery. I truly feel for you. But when put in this position you HAVE to move forward. I know you don't want to, it seems so fresh and bewildering and upsetting and infuriating. But you have to begin to think about yourself immediately, and your own feelings... and do what is absolutely the best thing for you from the word go. Having your mum around you is a wonderful asset, make no mistake. Lean on her, lean on your friends, lean on the people who post here. We WILL all help you make sense of this and get over this but please take into account the fact that you have to be your own nurse. Some of the best post-break-up "medicine" tastes really fucking awful - not contacting him, being strong, NOT self-harming... they're all bitter pills to swallow. But you have to dose yourself because that's how you'll feel better. I know you have very strong feelings for him, but ultimately you can't force him to be who you want him to be or to be a better boyfriend or make him behave differently. You have to be in control of how his behaviour makes you feel. To be honest with you it makes me feel like smashing his teeth in but maybe you're a bit more of a pacifist in these situations ;)

Stay out of contact with him. Make a promise to yourself to get some space between you and leave him alone to be who he wants to be. It's his loss, you'll recognise that one day. The rest will take care of itself. He'll either see that he loves you and he wants to be with you, or he doesn't. If it's the former then you're in a grand old position to tell him to stick it. You'll be ok. You may feel terrible right now, but it will get easier. This is how it is, unfortunately. Again, you will be ok.

We're all here for you, I hope you're being kind to yourself :)
  • Options
    thankyou for everyone's replies, they are good to read after today, i have just got back from hospital, they were thinking about admitting me into the psychiatric ward but think ill do better with home visits from the early intervention team. they start tomorrow. i have pills to take to calm me down and some before bed so i can sleep unaided. at the hospital they said they were really worried about me because i couldnt gurentee i wouldnt harm again, i miss chris a lot and he hasnt been in contact but i didnt expect him to. i self harmed this morning with broken glass and had a and e check it over and its okay. i still feel pretty fucked and not like im living in this world but i dont know. with regards to college the people at hospital that i saw were shocked and advised my mum to ask to see their sexual harassment code
  • Options
    Im sorry to hear this has happened rachael, I hope you feel better soon. :)
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about that, Rachael. Remember take time for yourself and let those around you help you.
  • Options
    i just wanted to say how much i appreciated folk replying because i cant deal with my friends; most are somehow linked to him in some way or another and this messageboard as well as another one i frequent and my mum are my only outlets but tomorrow some person will be visiting me at home. im just not looking forward to going to bed tonight
  • Options
    no one is worth you doing things to yourself over, especially not stupid boys. he's not worth it. xx
  • Options
    i just really do love him, this really felt like the real thing, it just went horribly wrong within an hour. it's all crazy
  • Options
    It's all going round in your head justnow sweetheart, but try and take it one step at a time.

It won't seem like it now, but you got by before he came along and I promise you'll be so much stronger and be happy after him. There's always light at the end of the tunnel, but as I've said it won't seem like it now. Door is always open if you need another outlet or that, flower.
  • Options
    you're worth so much more *hugs*
  • Options
    Aww hun, I'm so sorry that this has happened. *Big hugs*
  • Options
    im still in love with him
  • Options
    you will be, you can't shut off your feelings just like that. Take your pills as directed and reach out for your mum, or phone a friend, or msn, or write on here when you have sh/depressive thought.

thinking of you

virtual hugs

x
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Through all this, it would be extremely easy to just hide in a corner and pretend that everything is ok and just grieve inside, so I want to say well done (in a non patronizing manner) for actually seeking out help. You are such a lovely, bubbly person (from what I can gather from here) who doesn't deserve such shit. But continue getting help, allowing others in and the like and it *will* get better. You are worth so much more than that wanker, you deserve so much better.

Keep taking advice, keep your mum close and remember to take care of you. It will hurt so much now, but you need to remember to keep focussed and looking after yourself.

:heart:
  • Options
    thanks i'll try

i have two drugs i've just taken zopiclone and clonazepam, one is a tranquiliser and the other is to help me sleep, just waiting for them to kick in before i go to bed and i have elastic bands on my wrist so it should be okay even if i do feel stupid
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Rachael wrote: »
    thanks i'll try

i have two drugs i've just taken zopiclone and clonazepam, one is a tranquiliser and the other is to help me sleep, just waiting for them to kick in before i go to bed and i have elastic bands on my wrist so it should be okay even if i do feel stupid

I took zopiclone for a while, and it is amazing. You'll be sleeping in no time whatsoever.

If you ever need to chat, just PM or whatever.

Sleep well, sweetie :)