Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

New Baby gift

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well my best Mate james got back from Iraq yesterday, got back to his girlfriend house this morning and then she had his baby this evening, 2 weeks ealiry, anyways i need to get them some gifts, and have no idea what babys need? i wanna get them something other people wouldnt have thought about?? any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A voucher offering to do the washing up, cook a meal and the cleaning!
    clothes, some toys, cute shoes, some accessories like breast pump, microwave bottle sterlizer...but if you get clothes get a range of sizes.
    Amira wrote: »
    breast pump,

i cant get my best mates girlfriend a breast pump!!!!!
    one of those really cute swimming cosie things that has a sun protection factor and covers a lot, with a swimming nappy and a sun hat and a mini paddling pool- that would be different. Or a voucher for photo developing or a baby photo shoot.
    katralla wrote: »
    baby photo shoot.

i think thats a really good idea! It's different but brilliant and something they would be able to keep forever :thumb:
    A terramundy pot.
    Sugar wrote: »
    i think thats a really good idea! It's different but brilliant and something they would be able to keep forever :thumb:

You get them free with Bounty packs.

Scary Monster had the best answer. Loads of people will buy clothing, nappies etc but what you really need when you have new baby in the house is someone to make you some dinner, clean up etc...
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have just bought a friend some clothes in size 6 months, rather than newborn, and a nice box of Thorntons chocolates for her.
    Something for her. I've known of 3 new mums recently and i've bought them something, rather than the baby, and they've all been so grateful that someone's thought about them. :)
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Something for her. I've known of 3 new mums recently and i've bought them something, rather than the baby, and they've all been so grateful that someone's thought about them. :)

Yeh me to - I always buy something for the Mum... usually something a little pampery for when she gets 5 minutes to herself!

I really love the casting kits you can get... the ones that make little handprints or footprints of the baby :)
    A voucher offering to do the washing up, cook a meal and the cleaning!

i personally would hate that

its a nice idea in theory but i dont think i'd want my fellas mate coming round and cooking and cleaning for me! especially if my fella is at work/away!

would be ok for something like mother's day for ya ma, but not for your mates gf, just my opinion though (not having a go)

Rubberskin's idea is nice :)
    Obviously depends on the relationship you have with your other halfs mates really. For some it would be ideal, for others it would be close to their idea of hell.

Hence why it's a suggestion. I am not going to leap down from out of the skies and force him to break into their house and wash up. :p