Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My yukky face!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My face is so gross - its covered with blackheads. On my nose, cheeks, chin - pretty much all of my face each pore has gunk in it. Its always been quite bad but I think its worse at the moment cos I'm doing exams - stress maybe? I've tried every tactic to get rid of them, exfoliating, washing my face loads with cleansers, washing it less frequently with gentle soap, not wearing make up. I normally leave them alone unless there's a big one but I squeezed them today but there's millions I can't get them all. What can I do to get rid of them?! My face is so greasy. Or can anyone reccomend a deep clensing facemask that will help dry my face out a little and get rid of them? I've read all the blackhead threads on here but I don't know what to do :(

Comments

• Options
    Stress won't do it any good at all.

Wash it twice a day max (although once is probably better) with a reasonable cleanser, I'd go for a face wash rather than regular soap.

Don't go ott with exfoliating stuff, you'll upset your skin and it'll make more oil to compensate.

Drink plenty of water, get your face a bit of sunshine and fresh air, don't spend all your daylight hours inside pouring over the books.
  • Options
    Are you sure they actually are blackheads and not just open pores?
  • Options
    go for a facial and use the products they recommend...and then go for a facial once every month if possible.
  • Options
    I clense twice a day, exfoliate once a week, anymore will often dry your skin out and make things worse. Try not to touch your face too much as this transfers grease from your hands into your face. I use Nivea Visage active purifying mask which seems to help.

Treating your self to a facial once your exams are over isnt such a bad idea. It will help you unwind and you can get some good skin care tips. Lots of water and getting some sunshine every day can work wonders as well.
  • Options
    Are you sure they actually are blackheads and not just open pores?

Whats the difference? They all have gunk in so I'm assuming they are blackheads?

ETA: how much are facials?
  • Options
    my friend swears by this strips that she outs over her nose and leaves on, then pulls it off with the blackheads comin off too. they're a bit pricey in boots but she stocks up when she sees them in poundland. lol. Have you tried them? The other thing is to not worry too much about them or obsess over them, even if you had the worst blackheads in the wrld, I can't imagine anyone else would really notice, I've certainly not noticed them on someone else ever.