Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Braest reductions...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can you get them on the nhs?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, but it's pretty unusual.
  • Options
    Being a bloke, I don't really know that much about breast reductions (but plenty about breasts). I think I'm right in saying that you can only get them done on the NHS if their size is causing damage to your health ie. putting unecessary strain on your back. If it's just for cosmetic reasons, then not a chance.
  • Options
    you can only get them on the NHS if you can prove its affecting your phyical health, ie bad back or bad posture etc, or if them being so big is affecting you mentally - you ahve to talk to a psychologist/counsellor and prove to them that they're seriously affecting your self confidence or giving you other body issues them being that big - but they wont just give you a reduction because you're unhappy - it ahs to be really affecting you.
  • Options
    Thought as much. Thought i'd check though.
  • Options
    H-face wrote: »
    you can only get them on the NHS if you can prove its affecting your phyical health, ie bad back or bad posture etc, or if them being so big is affecting you mentally - you ahve to talk to a psychologist/counsellor and prove to them that they're seriously affecting your self confidence or giving you other body issues them being that big - but they wont just give you a reduction because you're unhappy - it ahs to be really affecting you.

I suppose it does affect me quite a bit, because i am really self conscious. My self esteem is low anyway, and it just doesn't help that i constantly worry about the way i look.
  • Options
    That's not really the kind of thing. It's really only for people who the only/main issue is their breasts, rather than low self esteem and confidence with their overall appearance.

Remember that a fair chunk of the female population would kill to have a chest like yours!

Get yourself some nice bras, it's worth hunting around a bit to get nice and well fitting ones and life may start to seem a tiny bit better.