Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Making bras bigger?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A lot of my bras now give me four boobs, which isn't attractive. Problem is, I buy the bras because I really like them, so if possible I'd like to keep them a bit longer!

Most of them are a B cup, I'm now a D. I've taken the air pads out of the ones with them, so they are only *just* too small if they move. Would a back extender do the trick?

Comments

• Options
    i doubt it because that wouldn't change the cup size, just the back size.

a b to a d is quite an increase, i would just buy a few new bras. they don't have to be expensive.
  • Options
    lose weight.
  • Options
    you need new bras. You cant change the cup size. You wont be doing your boobies any good at all, and it can be the nicest frilliest bra in the world, but if its not a good fit, its gonna look shit.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    lose weight.

maybe she doesn't need to lose weight?
  • Options
    I wasn't suggesting that she does tbh, just that it would be a cheaper way of fitting back into her bras than buying new ones.
  • Options
    some people keep big boobs even when theyre emaciated everywhere else. Just like I still have a fat arse even when my ribs show.
  • Options
    You'll probably end up looking like you've got 4 boobs if you squeeze them into those bras. Treat yourself to some new ones!
  • Options
    Get fitted and buy a bra the right size.
  • Options
    Like everyone's said; buy new bras. They're not exactly purse shatteringly expensive these days.
  • Options
    it will help slighty cos they always say you can go up 1 back size and stay the same cup size, or increase the cup size and stay the same back size, but that sort of increase they'll still be too small. If the back is the right size as well I wouldn't recommend it becuase you won't do yourself any favours in the long run. Tis time to treat yourself to the odd new bra.
  • Options
    some people keep big boobs even when theyre emaciated everywhere else. Just like I still have a fat arse even when my ribs show.

s'pose, but if they fitted her once, they could again- maybe?
  • Options
    Buy some new 'uns. Go Primarni if you're strapped...they have some really nice ones- plus its like £4 for a set
  • Options
    s'pose, but if they fitted her once, they could again- maybe?
    That's a fallacy. If we're talking about clothes in general, people always say throw away anything you haven't worn in 6 months and buy things that fit you now, not 'when I've lose a few pounds' so if you relate that to bras, it's the same. The liklihood of going back down to a B cup from a D cup is highly unlikely....

Anyway, bra shopping is fun!!
  • Options
    foxysoxy wrote: »
    Primarni

:D:lol:
  • Options
    I lost two cup sizes from my breasts recently :(
  • Options
    That's a fallacy.

Ony it isn't really, coz I still wear clothes I wore when I was 14, 10yrs ago. Sometimes they fit, sometimes they don't.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I lost two cup sizes from my breasts recently :(

the OP stole them! :eek:
  • Options
    Ony it isn't really, coz I still wear clothes I wore when I was 14, 10yrs ago. Sometimes they fit, sometimes they don't.
    But surely they look like they're 10 years old? Anyway, I'm not saying it's a law or anything, but it's always best to have a wardrobe clear out every few months! Especially underwear and lingerie because they have to er... keep your busoms up!!
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be nice to have the money to do that. My entire wardrobe is all old clothes, and really old clothes for when I don't want to do laundry, gotta have backups. (And then that section of pants I'll never fit into, but just in case :p)

Though your right, it is a good idea to switch up those bras quite frequently, especially if you machine wash them, washing machines hate elastic in my experience

But unless your willing to tie them puppies down with duct tape or an ace bandage, I'd go with everybody elses suggestion of buying new ones. I thought it was the worlds most uncomfortable when I went up half a size trying to fit into the wrong bras, how you've been doing it with 2, wow. Bra cups are not stretchy in the slightest, anywhere. Unless you have those weird saggy thin hangy type of bras and no real cups.

And whoever is buying 4 pound bras, let me give you my address and I'll send you a check ;)
  • Options
    But surely they look like they're 10 years old?

Hadn't really thought about it, maybe they do.
  • Options
    But surely they look like they're 10 years old? Anyway, I'm not saying it's a law or anything, but it's always best to have a wardrobe clear out every few months! Especially underwear and lingerie because they have to er... keep your busoms up!!

:lol:
    Join the real world please
  • Options
    I haven't put weight on as such, more filled out. My legs and waist haven't changed, but my hips and bust have grown. Right pain in the arse as I keep trying my jeans on and then donating them to my sister. :grump:

Off shopping a bit I guess.

I did manage to get one that I had in an A cup in a D cup, so perhaps if I head over to La Senza in leeds they'll have the odd one left in the sale section. :chin:
  • Options
    A lot of my bras now give me four boobs, which isn't attractive. Problem is, I buy the bras because I really like them, so if possible I'd like to keep them a bit longer!

Most of them are a B cup, I'm now a D. I've taken the air pads out of the ones with them, so they are only *just* too small if they move. Would a back extender do the trick?

You can't fit a 10 Gallon head in a 5 Gallon Hat

Buy new "Bigger Bra's"
  • Options
    :lol:
    Join the real world please

dont think there's anything wrong with what she said :blush:

i dont know anyone who wears clothes that are 10 years old
  • Options
    I do! And I know plenty of others.

They say you should get rid of things you are now too fat for rather than waiting until you lose weight to wear them again because they will just hang around your cupboard, you'll wear clothes that don't fit until you've reached the point where they fit you again and it's generally no good for you, your wardrobe or your motivation.

If it's a very temporary thing though then it's another matter.

Have to say though, there's no way I clear out my wardrobe every few months, would it be that I have the time or the finances to do so........
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    dont think there's anything wrong with what she said :blush:

Me neither- with the possible exception of jumpers which I wear when doing messy jobs. But even they aren't quite as old as ten years....
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »

I do! And unless they've been worn to death, or gone outrageously out of fashion (in which case they'd be chucked out anyway) they don't look 10 years old.

And my mum quite often wears things she's had for at least 20 years.
  • Options
    fair play to ya all

i just personally dont know anyone

also can i ask what KIND of things you wear from 10yrs ago?x
  • Options
    Jumpers, t shirts, jeans, tracksuit bottoms, socks, pants I don't wear often.....
  • Options
    T-shirts, shirts, hoodies, skirts, shoes, coats, jumpers. That kind of thing. Not really jeans, cause most of the ones I had then are a bit high waisted for me now, but if it weren't for that I'd still wear them.