Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sick to death of "Find Madeleine McCann" media coverage

12345679»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Media hype could get Maddy killed

Sadly, you'd only take a child for one of three reasons. To sell, abuse or care for it (the latter reason stems from confused grieving parents who try replacing their own lost children with those of others). My guess is that little Maddy is long gone by way of reason 1 or 2:

Selling the child: With the media attention devoted to Madeline, she is too high profile to be traded.

Abuse: In abuse cases, children are likely to be taken for short-term gain, therefore if taken for this reason, she'd already have been discarded.

The above two reasons for abduction would surely have led to Maddy's demise around week 1 of the media machine's invasion.

I suspect that Madeline was not taken for reason 3. A fragile person that would abduct another's child to care for it - would not harm it. Said person would have freed her very early in the media frenzy.

Though I struggle admitting it to myself (as I don't know what desperate acts I'd attempt in their situation) I hold the McCann's responsible for the plight of their child. Their overuse of the media may well have got her killed.
    Was walking around town yesterday and there were 2 posters up. One was saying that since Maddy has gone missing, about 1,00 children have gone missing in the UK. Another one was a picture of her, with big writing saying 'Look Into My Eyes' and it also asked if anyone had seen her. Bit strange considering that this was Plymouth City Centre...
    To quote a female colleague of mine, 'When I go on holiday I would never leave my handbag in a hotel room unattended, let alone my child.' It was a tragic event, there is no, and never will be any, detracting from that whatsoever, but at this stage, McCann it.....please!!