Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Update on the surveillance society

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
apparently the old-bill have taken up model-helicopter flying in the fight against drunken teenagers and other miscreants;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6676809.stm

Lol, I can just imagine how they'll counter this; "Long-ting blood, dem tings in da sky is bake; lose da shank an get ya'self an EMP, get me?"

Comments

• Options
    I was more concerned by the move to exempt MP's from the Freedom of Information Act.
  • Options
    I was more concerned by the move to exempt MP's from the Freedom of Information Act.

Thread Redirected

Thats a very good point, I saw that. For those who don't know, the story can be viewed here;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6667431.stm

Means that we can't peek into their expenses anymore, along with a host of other things.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »

I was going to post about that, but figured that a string of expletives wasn't much of a debate really.

ETA Perhaps we could ask the Police to fly their Helicopter over Parliament, that way we can keep an eye on what our MPs are up to. Afterall if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear...
  • Options
    ETA Perhaps we could ask the Police to fly their Helicopter over Parliament, that way we can keep an eye on what our MPs are up to. Afterall if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear...

But they are different clearly, they need to have secrets to be able to goven properly, we cant have secrets or we'd just break the law.
  • Options
    Sounds like a reasonable idea, certainly a lot cheaper than using the helicopter, although the helo is very useful at night and for actually chasing the miscreants.