Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

PGCE secondary art

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
is or has anyone done this? or any PGCE really? i've started looking into where i want to go. one mistake i made with my current university was not looking into where i wanted to go more. it was close to home and thats why i picked it. this time i want to put my needs and my career before that. ive been lookin into doing it at liverpool, i'm not even sure why, it just seems to appeal to me more than the others i've looked at.

ideally i'd have loved to stay in lincoln because i absolutely love the city, but unfortunetely they don't do a PGCE in art. i've also found quite a few places are saying in their entry requirements i would need a first. this aint gonna happen lol, a 2:1 possibly, not a first. do you think this could be a major problem?

i also like liverpool because from what ive seen they are alot more interested in the work itself rather than the grade. has anyone studied at liverpool?

dont really know what i'm asking for, just general advice really i think :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    can i just ask...what are you currently doing at lincoln?
    i'm going there soon.
    and i was also looking at liverpool, but i don't think it does what i want, i may go visit it at some point, looks like an interesting city...
    sorry i don't have any advice to offer...
    thats kool :) i'm doing a BA(hons) in fine art at the minute up at the greestone building
    ah right, i'm like..very near you, art college, christ hospital terrace.
    is that course any good? was gonna do it, doing a different one now tho..
    i might be goin on work experience at christ hospital school, well thats where i'm gonna write to if my friend cant get me some at branston.

i love the course i'm on, hated it in first year but in second yr it changed completelty.

if you live near me then its very likely i could have served you at co-op :nervous:

what you gonna do at uni?
    lol. i don't go to the co-op much.
    and don't go to branston..it's crap.
    i'm doing contemporary lens media. I hope i have made the right choice, i really do...
    oh yeah its my housemate who does that, i remember talkin to you about it before.

ive been told by alot of people to go to the priory. my friends a teachers assistant at branston so it's ideal
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I did a Primary PGCE and it is hard work. You have no social life, hundreds of work - cramming 4 years into 1. You go straight into placement, within a few weeks and you practically learn on the job.

I don't know much about art PGCE, but a friend did a music one and he had so much work to do. One good thing is that it is all assessment based - there are no exams. This pleased me as I don't like exams! :yippe:
    the work doesnt really bother me, not to fussed about the social side of things. i have been looking at doing it part-time though rather than full-time so that i could fit in a part-time job too, but i think i'd enjoy it more if i did it full-time. i like keeping busy and because PGCE courses still allow to have a loan and a grant, a job isnt a necessity, it would just help a great deal.

gonna go along to an open day in october so i can bombard them with my twenty questions lol