Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

general rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok here it is...
i am now living in accommodation at university and am sharing with 6 other people, four of which go to a performing college so their figures are amazing anyways, and two other guys who do construction and architecture,

me and one of my flat mates were eating a really healthy dinner (salmon, brown rice and veggies) and this guy walks in who is on the construction course and turns around to me and says " o you should watch what you are eating you are getting fat....." i was like excuse me do you say this to all women and he said no just you. so i am standing there absolutely fuming (i dont think myself as fat, i am a size 12, granted i need to tone up abit) i am just so angry at how he just turned around and called me fat, he was apparently joking but all women that i know, if a guy turns around and says you are getting fat will be mightly offended by it. he doesn't even know me to make a statement like that!

Rant over

Comments

• Options
    sounds like a bit of a dick. I'm certain aaaaall men know that they should never ever say "you're getting fat" to a girl!

ignore him if you can, but dont let him know he's getting to you.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think you overreacted tbh. It was obviously a joke, given what you were eating.
  • Options
    not a joke, or if it was it isn't funny. You have a perfectly normal figure, a size 12 is slim in this country. He should grow up!
  • Options
    tell him to fuck off, what a cock. i'd have thrown something at him. wankface
  • Options
    I used to get comments like that off total strangers when I lived in France and I've always been a size 8 at the most. I'd be in a shop buying an ice cream and they'd say " Don't eat that, you'll get fat!" Thats just their culture I think..
    You should just tell him to fuck off or something. If it was a good mate saying that then it could be taken as a joke but since you don't know him that well he was obviously just being a prick. Its very easy for someone to insult you and then just say "ooh I was joking!"
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    lipsy wrote: »
    I used to get comments like that off total strangers when I lived in France and I've always been a size 8 at the most. I'd be in a shop buying an ice cream and they'd say " Don't eat that, you'll get fat!" Thats just their culture I think..
    Yeah, but she was eating vegetables. You'd have to be stupider than Forrest Gump to say that vegetables are fattening and be serious.
  • Options
    I think you overreacted tbh. It was obviously a joke, given what you were eating.

I'd tend to agree with you - the meal was obviously a healthy one so chances are he was being ironic and didn't meant to cause you upset...
  • Options
    thanks guys, you were all a big help :)