Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

God, Im such a failure!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I just feel like crying. Im failing my courseworks and my grade is gonna get brought down because of it. we get 1 day to improve a whole terms work with only 1 line of corrections and when I hand my work in they say "you obviosly haven't made any changes." which isn't true! I did what I could with the corrections and the time I had but how can I get top marks with just 1 day to change a whole terms worth of work?

not looking for advice, I just need to vent. god 2 years of my life gone. :( I'd rather leave with nothing then crap grades and can't stop thinking bad thoughts. :(

*note: I know this sounds a little self indulgent but I cannot bear the thought of messing up, I really care about my grade and have no place to go if I screw up, sorry if its selfish though*
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well there's always somewhere to go!

did you try explaining to them that you did what you could? plus even if it feels like it all isn't lost, you can still salvave something out of your grade. if you're at college or 6th form no matter what grades you get you can almost always still get into uni, by either doing a foundation year (i have a friend that did one, he did his foundation year then actually changed course and is liking it), or just applying to low-ish offers and hoping the courses are undersubscribed... plus there's clearing.

if you're at uni then you can maybe resit the year (or could be slightly sly and get a doctors note saying youve been depressed and lacking motivation or something). Resitting the year isnt ideal I know but still...

whats the actual situation? can maybe say more then...

you'll get through it and learn from the experience im sure :)
    thanks for replying muse

well heres the skinny, this is my 3rd year at 6th form (i did GNVQ business in 1 year and applied to do history and Applied GCE business in the next 2)

So far we've done eight courseworks and 3 I've failed (partly because of personal issues and other because I got really stuck with them) but for 2 I got half marks, I have a feeling if I get at least half in the rest I might be ok.

I got 2 CCs in my A2 and a C and an E in my AS
    at the end of the day the ONLY thing you can do is your best... if you're still not happy with that then consider retaking the year to improve your grades. but like muse said, if you want to go onto university afterwards there are many more ways into university and to getting a degree than just good a level grades, although perhaps not so much so for the oldest redbrick universities. there is a heck of a lot more to life than education believe it or not... and if you did what you could then i don't think you should give yourself more of a hard time over it tbh.
    CC at a2 and C+E in AS is equivalent to 3 a levels. Not sure what the CE adds up to (maybe D or E at A level). But thatll get you into a shitload of universities, and if you're not thinking of uni it still doesn't look too bad on your cv.

I know when things fuck up it feels like youve restricted your possibilites for life, but you really haven't.. richard branson did bad at school and never got a degree after all :p
    I wrote this yesterday when I was in a bad mood but I've done all I can with my courseworks and got a good one back that had a decent mark in in so this has given me some perspective.

thank you so much for listening though otter and muse. :)
    I wrote this yesterday when I was in a bad mood but I've done all I can with my courseworks and got a good one back that had a decent mark in in so this has given me some perspective.

thank you so much for listening though otter and muse. :)

Your still on course to get a C/D, thats not bad. It does depend on what you need to get into uni but considering my brother did it with two (he got an N mark for one of his A levels) you should be okay. Getting a good mark back can always help and motivate you.

I got an A in my A2 human biology coursework but combined with an exam paper I got a D overall for the module. I really failed that paper.